Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Long Post!


My card is for this week's Merry Monday #30 Christmas Card challenge.

I used some well loved Pomegranate cardstock & ribbon for this one, embossing the white background with a CB ef from the Decorative Tiles set. The snowflake image is from SU! the Snowflake Spot, and was embossed with versamark and winter wonderland ep. A silver sequin snowflake with a white mini brad is in the center. I used the tiny tags for the computer generated sentiment, adding a tiny bow with white satin & silver ribbon. The mat behind the snowflake is metallic silver.

This card is for the Operation Home Stars & Stamps Sketch #135.

The embossed background is from the CB decorative tiles ef set, and it perfectly matches the pattern in the yellow dsp which is called Moments from MME. I used Navy for the mats, and a Hero Arts sentiment, adding 3 yellow brads. I made a few alterations with the sketch, but I'm happy with the way this turned out.

This card is for this month's RainyDaysAug2012 sketch challenge.

I used some MME papers from the "Christmas" stack for this, matting with Cherry Cobbler, and adding a holly sprig done with some Heartfelt Creations Holly dies, and 3 punches from the SU! Owl punch for the berries. I curled them with a stylus on a mousepad, and popped them up with foam tape. The sentiment is from Northwoods, and was done in Hunter Green ink.

Ah yes, here's my favorite image to color! This is SNSS's Cocoa Mouse and this is a digi image called "an apple for Cocoa."  I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp challenge for "back to school cards. An apple is a classic present for a teacher, right? At least it used to be :) I used some dsp from a Websters paper pack, and used an ef from the CB decorative tiles set. The sentiment is from Northwoods and was done on a SB ribbon tag.

Lastly, I'd like to mention that I was invited to an OWH stamp meet over the weekend by Nancy from the StampTramps blog where I met a lot of new ladies, and reconnected with some familiar faces as well. 2 other OWH card makers (Mary Anne & Kathy) rode along with me too, and between 14 of us, we finished 755 cards for OWH! I had a great time and I always feel good knowing I'm contributing to such a great cause! You can see photos of the event HERE and HERE. Thanks for asking me Nancy! I look forward to the next meet!

Thanks for staying with me for this super-long post! With my internet being finicky, I've been making cards and spending less time on the computer!

Carol

22 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Awwww absolutely gorgeous thanks for sharing!!!

Sandy said...

Wow, so many beautiful cards! I love the color combos you used and I also love the crispness of the embossing you used. LOVE Cocoa too and the colors for that card are just perfect! I love every card you made!

Patrice said...

Love that glittery snowflake!

~ Kathy said...

you've been busy, busy, busy!!! Love all the cards - and WOW 755 cards!!! what a great day!

Wendy said...

OMGoodness, you've been a busy stampers, Miss Carol!! WOWzers, I love each one of your cards!
Your snowflake card for Merry Mondays is gorgeous! Love that you used the pomegranate colors with that pretty embossed snowflake! Your embossing is perfect too! Fabulous card once again!
Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays ! :)

Wendy said...

I forgot to add that your ribbon treatment is beautiful!!! :)

Donna Hanley said...

WOW you have been busy making gorgeous cards. Each and every one of them is beautiful. Your ribbon/bow and snowflake are both outstanding on your first card. Your OWH sketch is simply classy. The Christmas card for RainyDays is lovely and of course your Cocoa is as cute as ever. You guys did a tremendous job with your OWH cards last weekend. Maybe I can get there next year. I'd love it. Enjoy your week.

Linda said...

perfect cards as always...absolutely adore the sketch card...i need that embossing folder. Missed you. TFS!!!

Jen M said...

These are all lovely cards! You have been BUSY!

jimlynn said...

Carol, I love all of these (and you already know that Cocoa is dear to my heart) but that first one is just breath taking gorgeous!!! Stunning card!!!
Lynn

Susan (rainy) said...

Wowzers!! Carol all these cards are fabulous. And I LOVE the card you made for my sketch! Those papers you used are fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along! (That was one busy meet... 755 cards for OWH!!!)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I sure don't have a favorite out of this batch...... yikes, they are wonderful! You color so beautifully!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Carol :-) All of them are fabulous ,,I especially LOVE the first one ,, the snowflake and that rich colour are stunning ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Benzi said...

Carol, you are a stamping, cardmaking machine. What beauties you created. And, what fun you all must have had at the OWH stamp meet. You really are contributing to such a good cause. Good for all of you.

Julie said...

Wow, Carol, you've been busy! Awesome cards! Love the fresh color scheme for your sketch card. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful cards Carol, I love you Merry Monday card. The snowflake is stunning and the ribbon is fabulous. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Bonnie said...

Wow, Carol, what a wonderful collection of cards! Your snowflake on Pomegranate is gorgeous! And the ribbon looks like ribbon candy! The embossed background shows it off beautifully! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

StampTramps said...

I love all your cards, as usual! I have to tell you, I laugh every time I read your descriptions, because you always manage to know the name of your paper, and when I'm doing my blog I never have the slightest clue where my paper came from!! How do you remember that all the time!!?? lol I'm so glad you had a good time making cards with us, we got soooooo many done, what a great day it was! Let's hope we can repeat it in the future!

Shannon White said...

Wow! These are all FABULOUS!! 8-) Love all the fun embossing Miss Carol! So Pretty! & I'm with Lynn! Love your Sweet Cocoa, but the first one is soo Beautiful! Wowie! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Narelle Farrugia said...

Such a gorgeous and very elegant Christmas card. The colours you've used are stunning together and I love ho you've used the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Lesley said...

Wow Carol, your cards are always so stunning, that ribbon is amazing! Love the pretty snowflake too! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

Marie Bingaman said...

Hi Carol! I KNEW, as soon as I saw the thumbnail of your MM card, that it would be a Top Pick this week! Congrats! Your other cards are great as well. :)