Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

Hello and happy Thursday! My card was made for a life-long friend of mine who celebrates her birthday on July 4th. It's also for the C4C4 Crazy4Cocoa challenge to use red, white & blue. I'm also entering it in the WT329 challenge to use something old/something new. I've had the embossing folder more than 6 months, and the sparkly star ribbon is something I've had less than 6 months.
I used 2 SNSS sets for this. That's Patriotic Cocoa behind the flag/star, and I stamped a white panel with the stars from the Polka dot Silhouettes set. The background is brilliant blue and it's embossed with the SU! square lattice ef while the red border was done with a SU! fancy scalloped border punch. The Cocoa digi image was colored with Copics and I added some red & blue mini star brads in the corners. I tied on another snippet of ribbon to the blue ribbon just for a little interest.
Happy Birthday to my friend Doris, and Happy Birthday America!
Thanks for stopping by and for all of my American friends who celebrate the 4th of July, I wish you a safe and fun holiday weekend!!

Carol

15 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome card!!

LeAnne said...

Oh so cute! He is just adorable---those little brads are perfect, too!

jimlynn said...

SO CUTE!!! Lovin' all that red, white, and blue - and of course, little mouse too!
Lynn

Benzi said...

Oh, a friend born on July 4th..what a celebration! She is sure to love this adorable patriotic card.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love that Cocoa is wearing the red, white and blue! Hope the 4th is special in every way!

Marlene said...

Squeakin' cuteness! How cool would it be to have a birthday on the 4th of July. (Your birthday would be a holiday every year!)

Donna Hanley said...

Hi Carol, Adorable. Love that sparkly ribbon. The blue looks great with the square lattace. I also love that image. Enjoy your holiday weekend. I'll try to get a couple of cards posted by Sunday.

Cheryl said...

What a fabulous, patriotic card! I love the texture. Your coloring is terrific.


--Cheryl--
Stop by my blog to check out my blog candy!

Maire Gamber said...

What a wonderful card and you did such a fabulous job. Love the little mouse!
Hugs,
Marie

Maire Gamber said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dixie Cochran said...

That's the cutest patriotic card ever!!

Wendy said...

Adorable! You make the cutest Cocoa cards, gf!! Love your coloring and this awesome layout!!

Unknown said...

This is a perfect image for the challenge and I love the design and detail you did! The little stars on the corners are so cute!

Sue from Oregon said...

A great 4th of July card Carol!

Joanne (jojot) said...

totally cute