Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A CAS Gift Card

The cue card for this week's Casology challenge #7 is "Green." I had a request to create a birthday money card, and  as soon as I saw the cue card, I thought of those dollar sign brads I found at a recent scrapbook expo, and made a money holder. I hope the challenge isn't limited to just cards? I embossed the die cut circle with a Just Right stamper and some gold embossing powder, then added a circle of PTI new leaf cardstock beneath it. The belly band was embossed with gold, and punched with a scalloped border punch, and then a panel of white was layered on top. That little brad indicates what's inside in a fun way doesn't it?



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Carol

13 comments:

Jennipher said...

Love this! Super cool.

Benzi said...

How neat, Carol! Yes, I would say that $ brad gives it all away. I wouldn't mind receiving a money holder, would you? LOL

Donna Hanley said...

Very nice money card. Clean and neat looking. I'm sure someone will love the card as much as the gift inside. Enjoy your week.

Beebeebabs said...

Soooo cute cute cute!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Great take on the cue. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

jimlynn said...

Super fun and cute - and yes, useful too!. LOVE that brad!
Lynn

Shannon White said...

Love this Miss Carol! And definitely perfect for your challenge and straight to the point for the recipient too! LOL Love this and I know they will too! 8-)

Hope you have been having a Super week Lady! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Anonymous said...

That brad is fabulous. A lovely way to present a money gift.

Ardyth said...

I was waiting for this use of 'green' lol! Love that brad - this is a perfectly CAS project! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

what a fun and clever take on the cue word!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!!

Patrice said...

Great use of the cue - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-34.html

Melissa said...

How clever and fun! LOVE this!! What a great take on this week's cue word! :) Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Jen W. said...

LOL! Fabulous use for the green! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!