Thursday, July 4, 2024

Happy Independence Day!


 Today we celebrate July 4th in the US as Independence day and I have a quilt card to share with you done in the colors of our US flag which is red, white, and blue. 
I used a MFT quilt die with some older retired SU! papers as well as a sentiment die from Lil Inkers to add the word Celebrate. I added a tiny punched red star in the center with another tiny die-cut star in the center of that one. I randomly added sparkle with tiny gemstones as well as bits of red, white, and blue glitter and mirror papers done with a hole punch. I sent this to someone celebrating a birthday recently but it's also perfect for the July 4th holiday.

I'm sharing this with the following challenges:


The Four Seasons Challenge - Summer Season July 2024 Season

A Cut Above (Use Die Cuts) - Start this new challenge off with a "Bang!"



Word Power #7 - Make Your Sentiment the Focus

Thanks for stopping by today and remember to keep your pets indoors when the fireworks start later today. Please use caution with fireworks too and have a safe and happy July 4th celebration.

Carol

15 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful patriotic card, Carol! Love, love, love this quilted look and how perfect for the July 4th holiday! Thank you for my gorgeous card! Wishing you and wonderful day! Hugs~

Aquarius said...

Happy Independence Day - a great red, white and blue card - love the patchwork effect

crafty-stamper said...

Perfect 4th July card,love the quilt die and your red/white/blue papers.
Carol x

brenda said...

Beautifully done Carol and such patience piecing all those elements, hope you have a happy day on the special holiday.

B x

LeAnne said...

I love your quilt! So fun and patriotic! I know how tedious those little pieces can be so you get an A+ from me for your perseverance!

Darnell said...

Well, look at that! I opened your blog and there is my birthday card! Thank you so much, Carol! It's beautiful for celebrating the 4th and the 2nd! Mwah! Big hugs and love, Darnell

StampTramps said...

Happy 4th, Carol! I love when you do quilt cards, I have one die and am totally unsuccessful with it. You have patience!

Vicki said...

Simply gorgeous red, white and blue card! The patterns make for an amazing quilted, paper pieced focal design. There is a lot of dimension and texture created with the die cuts too. Perfect holiday celebration project. Thank you so much for sharing at A Cut Above's debut challenge, "Let's Start Off With A Bang".

Sarn said...

Fabulous card. I hope you enjoyed the special day xxx

Diane said...

LOVE your gorgeous quilt in the RWB colors, I have this die and it is one of my favorites, I need to use it again, thanks for the beautiful inspiration!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Word Power!
Diane WP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Word Power}
NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers}

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Happy Independence Day even if it's too late, Carol! Hope you enjoyed the Day! This quilted card looks so striking, such amazing choice of patterned papers!!! Really a firework itself and also the layered tiny star and the sparkling confetti you made with the hole punch remember fireworks! So clever! Another fabulous design in your clean but always artistic style!!
Big hugs and love across the miles dear friend!!

Rachel said...

Loving the quilt look-great card!

Judy Woodland said...

Wow, I love this so much. Your paper choices are perfect, and the paper piecing must have been so much fun. Lots of fabulous work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at A Cut Above, I hope we see you back again soon!
Judy~ Guest Designer for A Cut Above

Lisa said...

Your quilt card in the colors of the US flag is both festive and beautifully crafted! The MFT quilt die, combined with retired SU! papers and a Lil Inkers "Celebrate" sentiment, creates a charming and patriotic design. The addition of tiny punched stars, gemstones, and glitter adds a delightful sparkle, making it perfect for both a birthday celebration and the July 4th holiday.

*Vicki* said...

Wow, this makes for such a stunning patriotic design with that quilt die! I love your mix with the red white and blue patterns with in it and of course it always helps to use up some more of those papers! I love the added star and bling as well! Hope that you've enjoyed your July 4th holiday my friend!