Sunday, April 7, 2024

You Amaze Me


Through the kindness and generosity of two wonderful friends, I received this beautiful die-cut image along with the fantastic embossing folder that I used to make this card. I sponged this intricate image lightly with some chalks to add just a touch of color to the eyes and lips and the flowers in her hair, adding some crystal Nuvo drops to the centers. I covered the entire image with clear Wink of Stella and added a tiny eye to the bird with a marker. The SB hand-drawn scallops EF was done on an old blank notecard that belonged to my mother. It was printed with her name at the top so I cut that portion off with a Lil Inker stitched rectangle die.  It has a neutral color and a subtle texture that seemed to work well with everything. The stitched sentiment die is by Gina K Designs and has an Altenew sentiment stamped in chocolate brown. I put everything on a brown cardstock base and called this one done. Thanks to everyone for sharing your wonderful crafting items with me - I'm always grateful for everything!

I'll share this with the Allsorts Challenge Week #775 - the theme is "For the Love of Animals" or - the A/G option. 

with a twist of "birds." (There is a bird in her hair 😉)

NBUS Challenge for April #61 - never before used schtuff 
(This is the first time I used this EF)

I hope things are well in your corner of the world. I'm patiently waiting for Spring to arrive so that I can start complaining about how hot it is after this long stretch of rainy, gloomy, cold weather! 😏

Keep smiling, and thanks for stopping by!
Carol

17 comments:

brenda said...

Aren't die cuts so amazing these days, such intricacy and she has such a peaceful face and with the WofS I can imagine that subtle shimmer.

B x

Aquarius said...

A very intricate die which looks good against the embossed background, lovely!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A very beautiful mix of intricate diecut and scallop embossed background! And your Mum's textured paper adds also more interest! Love how you added a bit of colours on the girl's face and the drops on the flowers centres looks great! You has used so well both your gifts and love how you paired them with that beautiful sentiment on the pink banner. Also you amaze me with your talent! :)
Hope Spring will arrive quickly in your zone! Here seems arrived, but they say that in a day or two the rain will return...!
Big hugs dear friend, stay smiling and take care of your days!

Valerie-Jael said...

Oh my, this is fantastic! Hugs, Valerie

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a unique and beautifully detailed die cut, looks wonderful on the embossed background! Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

Gail said...

She looks very elegant!
Great embossing folder, and good use of your moms notecard!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the beautiful detailed die-cut image and embossed background.
Carol x

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Many thanks for sharing your lovely card at Allsorts this week.
Lorraine

coldwaters2 said...

What a wonderful act of kindness from your friends Carol that die cut image and the embossed background is beautiful the image looks so intricate I like how you have added just a faint touch of colour it looks amazing I will take this opportunity to thank you for joining us at Allsorts
hugs
lolo x

Wendy said...

This is such a pretty card, Carol! Love the embossed panel and the beautiful diecut on top! Your diecut is so dainty and love that you added Wink of Stella to it. Bet the shimmer is gorgeous! TFS and today it's going to feel like spring (Tuesday)! Enjoy my friend!! :)

StampTramps said...

Spring is here if only for today! I mowed! That is one fantastic die cut and your friends are fantastic too! I wonder how difficult it was to get that to cut so perfectly! Beautiful card, Carol!

Darnell said...

What a striking die and gorgeous e/f! I love your design, Carol, and the "just right" coloring you did! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! (I LOL about patiently waiting for hot weather to complain about!! So true!) Hugs, Darnell

Veronica Lee said...

It really is a very lovely card.
The notecard from your mother adds such a special layer to it.

Hugs and blessings, Carol.

Irish Cherokee said...

Fantastic card. The highlights are perfect for bringing just the right touch of color to the card. Amazing.

Hugs and Blessings

*Vicki* said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card here Carol! I love the scallop texture of the background and it goes beautifully with that intricate die cut! Love the shimmer and touches of color you've added to this too! It's starting to warm up slightly over our way and it's a bit cooler and windy today, but I think I can now take some time to do a few things! Sorry for my lateness in catching up...life has been in the way! HUGS

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card! The delicate sponging with chalks and the addition of Nuvo drops and Wink of Stella must give it such a lovely shimmer. It's heartwarming to hear about the kindness of your friends and how you've incorporated cherished elements, like your mother's notecard, into your crafting. Your attention to detail truly shines through in this creation.