Monday, April 1, 2024

Easter Treats


I always make little treat containers on holidays that I give to friends and neighbors, as well as cashiers, bank tellers and those I deal with on a regular basis. I love to surprise people with an unexpected treat, so I've done this for years. I'm sharing photos of some of the treats I made this year using an assortment of bunny dies, stamped images, and cardstock along with ribbons and twine. These tiny bags are a great little hand-out for people and a good way to use up all those wonderful snippets of pretty paper and cardstock. Instead of naming each item, I'll just share the photos and if you want to know any particular brand I used, ask in a comment and I'll be glad to fill you in.


I decorate both the front and back of each little "bag."


A very thoughtful blogger (Thank you so much once again) sent me some die cuts of this long-legged bunny after I mentioned how much I liked them. When I showed them to another friend of mine, she searched for the die, found it, bought it and sent it to me! (Thank you once again for your kindness and generosity) I've had more fun with this cute bunny than I can put into words. I put him on many of these treat containers and had so much fun dressing him up in different suits. He just seems to make everyone happy, including me 😊
I made a little blue Easter box with paper from an older Tim Holtz pad, adding a die-cut Easter greeting on one side...


along with one of his die-cut bunnies on the other side.
This basket/box holds 8 of the little treat bags and this one went to the employees of my bank.


Here's another bunny box I made with some grey colored  paper from the same TH pad. This box went to my neighbors who always have family over for Easter dinner, so she loves setting her table with these little treats for each one of her guests.




This box was made for my neighbor who lives below me. He is single and has a beautiful dog, so I included treats for him in one carton and dog treats in the other, and then tucked an Easter card inside the box. The carton containers were made with a TE die (a gift from a very thoughtful and generous friend - thank you again) and I cut down a couple of those TH bunnies and put them behind snippets of grass just for fun.


Here are the cartons tucked inside the little box.

With all of these snippets I used I'll share my treats with

Thank you again to all my fellow bloggers and friends for being so generous, caring and sharing with me. You all helped me put quite a few smiles on people's faces with these little treats.

I hope everyone who celebrates Easter had a great day yesterday. I had friends and neighbors stop down and bring me so much food I'll have to freeze most of it, but I was so happy to see everyone and get to chat with them for a while too. 

Beware everyone - today is April Fool's day so use caution! LOL I used to prank my husband years ago by putting salt in the sugar bowl and watch for that sourpuss face when he took that first sip of morning coffee. 😝 Somehow it got funnier each year because he never seemed to remember when it was April Fool's day. 😉 

Have a fantastic Monday and keep smiling!

Carol



14 comments:

Donna said...

Your treat boxes are so adorable! And how thoughtful to give these out. Hope you had a nice Easter.

Sarn said...

WOW - what a lovely collection of Easter treats Carol. I'm sure you brought lots of smiles to lots of faces with your generosity. I've been smiling just looking at all those treats.

Thanks for sharing these delights with the Snippets Playground. Hope you enjoyed the Easter Egg hunt! xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Golly gosh these are fantastic Carol the bunnies and Spring colours are brilliant what a top notch project
hugs
lolo x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You have been so busy with all these treats bags dear Carol, I can almost see the smiles on all the people's faces (and on the dog face too! :D ) Your friends has been generous as you always are... not only single treats, but also baskets full of them!!! Wow! I'm pretty sure that also your neighbour's dog will wait his treat again the next time! Ah ah! :D LOL
You are just famous for your treat boxes and bags and I suspect that nobody in your village has the doubt that you came to him/her with your sweet surprises at any festivity! LOL :D
The bunny with his big heart is really cute and sweet, love the different dresses you gave him!
I'm so glad to hear that your neighbours and friends stop down to chat with you and tried to reciprocate your kindness with some good food. Good people still exists!
Have a lovely week, here yesterday and today there were bad winds and storms, but this evening all is calm again and no clouds in the sky! Yeah! Perhaps tomorrow it will be a sunny day!! Fingers crossed.
Big hugs from afar!

crafty-stamper said...

Love your baskets of treat holders and the cute die-cut bunnies,very thoughtful of you.
Carol x

StampTramps said...

What a nice idea! Those bags are all cute, but I'm still partial to that one bunny.....

Aquarius said...

A wonderful selection of generous and decorative gifts and great to see our favourite bunny featuring with some of his friends. I'm sure the recipients really appreciate the gifts.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a fabulous array of Easter gift bags, you have been very busy, these are great!
Lorraine

*Vicki* said...

You're such a beautiful and kind person Carol! I love these adorable treat boxes, how you've decorated each of them and the tote you've made to hold them is such a clever idea and design too! That hopping bunny makes me smile and your thoughtfulness towards others makes me smile even more! So glad that you're enjoying making these and giving them out! How wonderful for both of you! Biggest hugs and thanks for sharing these! I love them!

Di said...

Wow Carol! How utterly amazing to see so many of our much loved Bunny die cuts, cavorting around all your wonderful Easter makes. Stunning work - wish you were my neighbour!

Hugs
Di xx

JD/ Jill said...

You were a really busy lady. I'm sure you put a smile on so many faces with these lovely treats.

aussie aNNie said...

This is beautiful design and stunning overall with great coloring of the image. ♥
Sorry for MIA, had a house full over a week xx

Wendy said...

Your treat boxes are all perfect and that bunny die is just the sweetest! Love each & everyone of them, Carol! I hope you had a wonderful Easter day. I surely miss making all those treats for each holiday but that was just putting added work on my hands. Hard to believe I have not purchased any Valentines or Easter candy this year!! Your story about the April Fool's Joke that you use to play on Butch is too funny! Shawn does one to his boss every year. Boss said he took 10 years off his life! LOL

Lisa said...

Your treat containers are not only adorable but also incredibly thoughtful! It's heartwarming to see how much joy you spread with your homemade treats, especially during the holiday season. The attention to detail, from the decorated front and back of each bag to the personalized bunny decorations, truly makes each gift special. Keep up the wonderful work of brightening people's days with your creative kindness!