Monday, March 18, 2024

Easter Treats


Two very kind and thoughtful friends sent me the products I'm using in today's post. Vicki of Stamped Smiles sent me this amazing folding carton die from Taylored Expressions along with that wonderful little sentiment die. Also my sweet friend Lynn  (who is taking a break from blogging) sent me this adorable little bunny die recently so I had to use him on these cartons. He's holding a tiny little egg with an itty bitty heart in it, so I die cut the heart in 2 different colors and swapped the negatives LOL These cartons are filled with Easter goodies and are going to my awesome neighbors. His is the green version, and hers is the one with flowers. I added 2 tiny sparkly stickers to the sentiment panels on each one and tied them with some vanilla colored twine.


I decided to create a basket to hold these cartons so I made one with pink cardstock and added SU! embossed basket weave panels to all 4 sides, along with an Echo Park die-cut Easter sentiment. I attached some pink ribbon to the handle and then attached it with my Crop-0-Dile and some silver eyelets so it will hold the weight of the cartons.


Here's the finished gift I'll be sharing with them on Easter.

         

I made another one of these box/baskets (which I'll share later) and I thought it would be easier to adhere the embossed panels before putting the box together. Well look what I did in my haste to make it easier! LOL I put the panel on upside down and didn't realize it until I glued the box together. LOL Before I took it apart to fix it, I thought I'd take a picture to show that I'm as human as everyone else and make big mistakes too! LOL I actually had a good laugh once I saw what I'd done 😄
 

I'm going to share this project with the NBUS #60 challenge since these bunnies and cartons are having their first outing. Darnell is also working on her monthly I.D.E.A.S. for 2024 and it's embossing.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope your week ahead is a great one for you. Keep smiling 😊

Carol

18 comments:

Darnell said...

Cuteness overload in all the best ways, Carol! What amazing creations you made with your lovely gifts from friends. Your cartons and basket could sell in a boutique. I had a great laugh over your upside-down panel! Wish I had a dollar for every time I've done that. (I should have set up one of my April Fool's Day Bloopers, but I sorta have my hands full ATM!) Thank you for the shout-out on I.D.E.A.S. ~ pinning! And for linking to NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

brenda said...

What adorable Easter gift boxes Carol, don't be surprised if you get a new neighbour, I might be re-locating!

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You put to a great use the lovely gifts you received from your crafty friends, these boxes are just delicious, as surely are the Easter goodies inside! :D
The choice of colours and papers is just perfect for the couple of friends and love that cute little egg with the tiny heart in the bunny hands! Love also the weaved embossed basket, such great idea to hold the boxes!
Upside down... It happened recently also to me with a box!!! I'm as human as you are! :D LOL
Sending big hugs and smiles dear friend! :)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my goodness Carrol these are so sweet what a fantastic project a great gift for Easter
hugs
lolo x

Aquarius said...

Yes I'm sure we all have these 'accidents' from time to time but at least it made you smile. Yet another cute bunny die and I'm sure the cartons and contents will be much appreciated at Easter.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow you're so clever Carol! I'm loving the box you've made to hold those carton containers in! What a very clever idea and how darling are these containers tied with the twine and bunnies on top!! I love this clever set and so thrilled that you've put it to use already! That's fantastic and I bet your neighbors will just love this thoughtful gift from you! So now, I'm thinking you've inspired me to pull mine out and make one of these containers! *wink* And yes, happens all the time that I place my card front upside down or something! We have to laugh at ourselves sometimes, don't we?! Thanks for the brilliant inspiration always my friend! You're a gem! HUGS

Sarn said...

Love your cute cartons and basket. Well done for fixing the problem panel.

How kind of your buddies to send you gifts xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your Easter gifts, so beautiful, even upside down! Hugs, Valerie

Hena Tayeb said...

That is just so cute!

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous basket and cartons,love the basket embossing and cute little bunnies-great blogging gifts too.Yes upside down done that a few times or stck the card front on the wrong way too lol.
Carol x

JD/ Jill said...

These are all so cute and nicely made.
Thank you for the nice compliment on my St. Pat's card!

Wendy said...

Oh, these are so awesome for Easter, Carol! Love both milk cartons and how they are decorated! Got a chuckle out of the upside down sentiment on the 3rd box! Yes, we have all been there with adhering our projects the wrong way. It happens in the day & life of a paper crafter! LOL Thanks for sharing your adorable treat holders....love them! Have a wonderful day! Hugs~

Irish Cherokee said...

I Remember making easter baskets in school. Not as nice as these though. These are awesome gifts. Did get a chuckle with the upside down panel.

Love, Hugs and Blessings

R's Rue said...

So pretty

Maria said...

What sweet and beautiful Easter treat containers! I just love the adorable bunny holding the egg with a heart! Hehehe...on the upside down sentiment. I think we've all been there with crafting mistakes! Have a great rest of the week, hugs!!

Lisa said...

What a heartwarming gesture from your thoughtful friends! The intricate details of the carton and the bunny die sound absolutely adorable, especially with the swapped heart colors - such a fun touch! Your basket creation is equally impressive, and your candid mishap adds a delightful touch of relatability to your crafting journey. Thank you for sharing this delightful Easter gift idea!

Lisa said...

Your shamrock-filled creation is simply charming, with each glittering detail adding a festive touch to the embossed design.

Donna said...

Fabulous Easter treat boxes, adorable and fun to recieve!