Saturday, January 27, 2024

Christmas Cards

I have quite a few snippets of designer papers I've accumulated through the years, so I made a few Christmas cards with them. I went with the traditional Christmas colors here and just placed a punched square on a piece of cardstock, and layered the strips around the square, adding a die-cut snowflake in the center with one tiny red gemstone in the center. The unique fold is a great way to use those leftover strips of designer paper too. The sentiment is from SU! 


 Here's what the inside looks like, with another SU! stamped sentiment.

Sadly, this is going to be the last Rudolph Days Challenge which I've played along with for years. Life changes for all of us and it's a shame it has to come to an end, but I do understand the reasons why. I couldn't miss an opportunity to play along with this final challenge, so I'm entering my cards there.




Allsorts Challenge #765 - Anything but Square

Thanks for all the years of Christmas card challenges Maureen, I wish you and Al the best always as you transition to a new home.

Thanks for stopping by and I wish everyone a wonderful weekend.

Carol


22 comments:

Sarn said...

Wow - what a great shape of card and brilliant use of your Christmas snippets. xxx

Lisa said...

I love your use of DPs on this really great card. I literally just pulled out my Christmas scraps because the bag I have them in was too full and I made a bunch of herringbone backgrounds. I should have done my blog views first, now I want to pull them back out for a few more cards. Thank you for the inspiration.

Wendy said...

So sad to hear one of your favorite challenges is closing down. Wishing your friend all the best in her retirement. Your cards are every bit of wonderful! Love the design most of all and the pretty snippets of papers you used. Great sentiments inside & out! Well done, my friend! TFS and wishing you a nice weekend! Hugs!

Aquarius said...

Beautifully co-ordinating strips of DSP used for this lovely final entry to the Rudolph Days challenge.

Brenda in IN said...

You are so good at the quilted card look and these are wonderful. A great mix of papers and a good way to use scraps.

Mrs A. said...

These are brilliant. Great idea to start the design with a small square and add to it. The card shape is perfect for those larger oddments too. Hugs Mrs A.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous cards! Happy weekend, hugs,Valerie

Jenny L said...

Hi Carol,
what a very brilliant way to use up snippets of Christmas paper.
Super designs also.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

*Vicki* said...

Oh my these cards turned out so beautiful! I love the choice of patterns you've used for your strips and the added snowflakes in the centers! The card design is really cool too! Good for you on already getting some Christmas made up for the year! Sorry to hear another challenge is leaving especially one that you've been enjoying for so long. Sending hugs

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful cards and papers,great design and use of scraps.
Carol x

Liz said...

Beautiful cards, Carol and a great way of using Christmas snippets. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge using the Anything but Square option.
Liz xx

Donna said...

Fabulous design, great use of snippets and like your fold too!

aussie aNNie said...

Amazing and what a gorgeous set of cards this is with this lovely designs and colours ♥
Carol thanks for joining in our Peace on Earth Challenge too xx

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Brilliant!! You have always the simple ways to use scraps and in the some time to make amazing designs, Carol!! I have to CASEing this one too! Love the folding and the traditional colours of your pretty papers!
I agree with you about Rudolph Day challenge, it's really a shame, but totally understand Maureen!
Sending big hugs and love as always, my friend! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Maria said...

Lovely Christmas cards with the wonderful fold design, so pretty! Great use of your snippets and lovely design papers! Have a great week!

Hena Tayeb said...

The cards turned out beautiful.

Greta said...

Love the fun fold and beautiful use of your snippets!

JD/ Jill said...

Very Nicely done Christmas cards!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A lovely design and papers, love the fold and insert too. x

Mervi said...

Beautiful card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Susan said...

Love the fancy fold and the use of all those great designer papers! Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!