Monday, September 26, 2022

Switching to Christmas


 I'm finding joy in digging through my stash and using older stamp sets that have been neglected for so long! This is a Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set I've had for eons and just felt it was time to use it again. I had a couple strips of water colored paper I'd made a while ago with my H2O's so I cut them into fishtail banners and embossed them with a CB swiss dots ef. I found the narrow strip of an embossed panel in my snippets box and decided to use that too. I colored the snowman's scarf with a Copic marker that was a close match to the color on the strips, then heat-embossed a silver star in the sky. I stamped the sentiment from the set and die-cut it with a stitched square and called this one done.

I'll enter this into these challenges:




use any embossing folder with an option of "Leaves"


Thanks for all the birthday cards and wishes for my husband and myself yesterday. It's quite a day with not only my husband and me sharing the same birthday, but my 1st cousin and my husband's 1st cousin also share the same birthday! If only we were all younger, that would be an excuse to have one heck of a party, eh? The best part is that neither of us can ever have an excuse to forget each other's birthday! 😉

Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a grand day today!

Carol

13 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great Christmas card,love the happy snowman and embossed panel
Carol x

Liz said...

Great Christmas card Carol, I love the colours you've used. What a coincidence to have so many family birthdays on the same day. I hope you all enjoyed celebrating. xx

Darlene said...

Oh Carol ... what a fun & FABULOUS creation! Love your choice of color & design! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that we have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your STENCILS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at Crazy is our fame – STENCILS are our game (aka STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE. The fun begins OCTOBER 4th … Hope to see you there!

Darlene said...

OH and just a reminder about our Embossing Challenge ... please come check it out and play along at Can You Handle the Pressure. This card would fit perfectly!! Awesome inspiration!

Maria said...

Beautiful Christmas card! What a sweet snowman looking up at the star! Wonderful embossed panel, too!

jimlynn said...

Fun card for the holidays and I love the embossed panel.
Glad everyone had a good birthday!
Lynn

Jenny L said...

Hi Carol,
Happy belated Birthday to you all.
Happy Rudolf Days also.
Your card is wonderful and what a fb use of snippets too.
Love that sweet stamped snowman and your colours used.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow Carol, you always amaze me with your simple but very effective designs!!! You are a brilliant crafter for sure!! LOVE, love, love this card!!! Amazing colours and a so clever use of your embossed scraps to create a very sweet and cheerful design and a perfect match with the snowman!!! The snowman looks so cute and the beautiful silver star on the top is the perfect addition, as it seems that the snowman looks at it!!!!
Another gold star for you!! :)
So sorry I forgot that you and Butch shared the Birthday time!!! Happy, happy, happy Birthday also to you, dear friend!
I didn't know about both your 1st cousins too! Such fun randomness!! :) I think you could have one heck of a party anyway, even if you are not the same age ;)
Hope you and Butch have enjoyed your special day!
Biggest hugs and wishes for lovely and joyful days ahead!

*Vicki* said...

Well I didn't realize it was YOUR birthday...happy belated birthday friend and sorry I missed it! Hope that you guys enjoyed celebrating together though!

Your smiling snowman is so cute!! I love him looking up at the star and your pieces of color really pop out over the white! Pretty design!

Donna said...

This is adorable and I like the nontraditional colors!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Carol, I love how the snowman is gazing up at the star. Thank you for joining in the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

Sue xx

Wendy said...

I'm so glad that you & Butch were able to have a nice birthday! Sounds like September 25th is a big day in your family! Happy belated birthday wishes to all of you! I love your adorable snowman card you created for Christmas! Love the purple and your embossing on it. Keep them coming, my friend! TFS and have yourself a nice Fall day! Hugs~

Brenda in IN said...

I'm so sorry I didn't know it was your birthday too so happy birthday to you too! This is a great card using bits of saved things and that cute snowman.