Saturday, August 27, 2022

Encouragement Card


I need to make a few encouragement cards, and this is the first one. I used  2 stamp sets - one from Simon Says Stamp and another from Lawn Fawn;  combining both to create a rainy day scene. The die-cut border is from Sweet 'n Sassy while the doggie image is from SSS. I stamped, colored and fussy-cut the umbrella, dog, and boots and placed them on top of the raindrop-stamped card base. I added turquoise stickles and aqua Nuvo drops on the umbrella to add some sparkle and shine and hand-drew the handle with a black marker.  The sentiment is from Lawn Fawn.
Here's what I added to the inside and colored with my Tombow markers - also done with the Lawn Fawn set.


 I hope this card will bring a little smile to someone going through rough times.

I'm sharing with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge which is
 "Shimmer and Shine."



Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all a great weekend!

Carol

16 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great encouragement card love the die-cut order and cute little dog in his wellies
Carol x

Wendy said...

What an adorable card, Carol! Your doggy on the front is so cute in his rain boots. It is sure to bring encouragement to someone who needs it! And I love the rainbow inside! Well done, my friend! :)

Brenda in IN said...

Oh how cute! Those boots are adorable and I love the glitter on the umbrella. We should all always look for the rainbow. A great encouragement card.

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, such a fun image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Greta said...

Cute cards sure to bring a smile! I really love the sparkle on the umbrella!

Donna said...

Such a sweet encouragement card!

Darnell said...

This sweet card will definitely bring someone a smile and lots of encouragement, Carol! I love the pieced and schparkly umbrella and I actually laughed out loud when I saw his matching polkie-dottie wellies!! Hugs, Darnell

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful design and projects, love the colours and images used x

R's Rue said...

I love it.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Ah, this is a such positive card, love so much the good thought and the cuteness!! The SSS dog looks so fun with his dotted boots and the glittered umbrella!!! :)
Amazing colours combo and just love that border, I have a similar one by Sizzix, very neglected. The rainbow inside is very cute! I smile watching this card, and so I'm sure will be for the recipient hat will receive it!!
Have a lovely week dear Carol, enjoy your days! God blessing on you and Butch!
Biggest hugs!!

Veronica Lee said...

AWW! Love the encouragement card!

How sweet!

JD/ Jill said...

Nicely done card, carol!

*Vicki* said...

Awe! This is so sweet with your little pup and his rain boots! Really love his glittery umbrella too! I know that this will certainly bring a smile to someone for sure....It has for me! Thanks for sharing friend!

Maria said...

Awww, love the darling pup with cute boots and beautiful umbrella! The inside reveals a happy sun and rainbow! A wonderful card inside and out! It will surely cheer up the recipient!

Sarn said...

A great idea and a lovely positive card. Sure to be appreciated xxx

R's Rue said...

Hope you’re doing well