Thursday, December 16, 2021

Switching to Valentines


 I feel somewhat burned out from the last minute Christmas rush, so I decided to work on some Valentine cards for a switch.
I die-cut the stitched hearts with an unbranded set of dies and some papers from a SU! retired paper pad. The embossing folder is also retired and from SU! and the sentiment was heat-embossed with white on black with a SU! teeny tiny wishes stamp set. I added a few red and clear gemstones to finish this card.

I haven't found time to play along with a whole lot of challenges lately, but I was inspired by the the Freshly Made Sketch #516 so I decided to make time to enter this weekly challenge. Besides, I'm trying my best to use the papers I've accumulated through the years! (sigh)


Thanks for stopping by and I wish you all a great day whatever you're doing!

Carol


15 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Valentine card -love all the die-cut and embossed hearts-a great way to use those scraps of papers
Carol x

Claire said...

It'll soon be here if this year goes any fsster, 16th already - that's ridiculous... anyway I like your interpretation of the sketch using hearts is adorable especially as it looks somewhat like a clover x

Liz said...

Lovely Valentine card, Carol. Great design and I love the embossed background. xx

Donna said...

How gorgeous, you are way ahead of me!

Wendy said...

So stinkin cute, Carol! Love that EF, papers & design on this! I think by this time most people are tired of Christmas! I still have a few Christmas gift card holders to work on today but I am ready to move on to Valentines Day, too! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Brenda in IN said...

What a cute design and fun papers for Valentine's Day. I like the embossing folder as background too.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your take on the sketch Carol, a Super card and how good are you to be so early? :)
Faith x

aussie aNNie said...

wow stunning card, gorgeous colours. xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous valentine card Carol, a super design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such clever design!! Love very much your brilliant idea and the papers used make it so unique! Lovely embossed panel and the sentiment in white on black finished your card perfectly!!
Thanks so much for your greetings card, I received it some days ago. I'm so sorry to haven't had time to send one to you :( I'm late on all the things in my life. Time isn't enough for me in this period and I'm under pressures. Hope in better times.
Biggest hugs ever and please accept my apologies and forgive me. I'm a bad friend lately...

Stampsnob. said...

Makes me want to scream SLOW DOWN But the card is very pretty ,,,,,,,,,,Lis

Kim S said...

I love that you switched to Valentines!! It's such a fabulous use of the sketch with the hearts in the various directions! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Veronica Lee said...

That's a most beautiful Valentine card, Carol.

Happy Tuesday!

Witchcrafted Life said...

So wonderfully cute, festive and pretty! Love the triple heart design. It has a certain classic Dutch folk art vibe to it that I'm really digging.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Shaha said...

The colors and textures really add such character to this card. Gorg!