Monday, August 16, 2021

Two Grumpy Dogs


I guess these cards reflect my state of mind lately with all that's going on in the world 😏 I felt the sarcasm building with each card I made for the final Twofer Challenge #41. I'm sad to see it go, but grateful for having it around for so long to inspire me to use my stash to create cards! Best wishes to Darnell and everyone else who's worked tirelessly to make this challenge so successful for so long! I'll miss you!




First up is Grumpy dog card #1 - from the Tim Holtz collection of Crazy dogs stamps and accessories. I added a balloon, hat and bowtie to make this masculine version, adding a few streamers from a GStudio $1 stamp set (anyone still have any of those?) and embossed them with gold, adding bright glaze pen colors to the confetti bits. The sentiment is a pre-printed one from SSS and the corners were done with an old retired SU! corner punch. I added turquoise/white twisted twine to them for fun. The dsp is retired from SU! and the card base is Island Blue from SSS. My hubby's birthday is next month and I may save this for him just for chuckles since he's been grumpier than me lately! Hah!

I'm also going to enter this card into this challenge:

The Male Room Challenge #153 - make a masculine-themed birthday card




Here is card #2 with Grumpy Dog! I was cracking up laughing as I made this one and found the most appropriate sentiment I could find to compliment his expression! 😊 He doesn't look anything like joyful, which is why I used it! I strung a little bone on some twine and added a little bow - can you tell he's just delighted with his measly "present?" 😇 For fun, I added a die-cut poppy Shasta twig and dotted it with sparkly red Stickles. The plaid paper is from Echo Park and I added some liquid applique to the fur on his Santa hat.


As if the card front isn't funny enough, I added this funny stamped sentiment inside the card for more laughs too. It's by Riley & Co's funny bones collection and I had to have it as soon as I saw it! 

I'm also going to enter this second card into the following challenges:

Dies R Us Challenge #175 - A/G using dies from their store (the Poppy die)
 
NBUS #29 - Never Before Used Schtuff - The Riley & Co sentiment stamp


(They're showcasing Riley & Co products this week)

Thanks for stopping by and I wish everyone a happy week ahead with no grumpy dogs or people to make you frown! It takes less energy to smile than it does to frown anyway 😁

Carol




25 comments:

R's Rue said...

So cute.

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant cards and images love the Grumpy Dogs and I agree just how I have been feeling this last week and no inclination to think about Christmas at all-think this year might be the year of bought cards if any get sent---oops sorry for the rant got carried away there lol-Love the matching sentiments lol
Carol x

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness Carol! These grumpy dogs are the CUTEST!! The different accessories really add the fun to them and I love the different ways you can use this pup for different occasions too! That bone clip is so clever!! Love them both!

Liz said...

Fabulous cards, Carol. Just love those Grumpy Dogs. xx

Maria said...

Those grumpy dogs are too cute!! Awesome hat and bow tie! And, love the Santa hat and bone tied with a bow! Two great cards, Carol!!

Bonnie said...

Two fantastic and fun cards, Carol! Love this grumpy bulldog! His expression is priceless! Fun birthday streamers that should be making him smile! Love the Christmas version with the punny sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

LeAnne said...

I can sympathize with your grumpy dogs and you! I just told John how I dislike how cynical I have become with all that's going on in our country! Good thing we have stamping to take our minds off stuff! Anyway, these are fun and funny cards!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome Twofers. That dog image is so cute!

aussie aNNie said...

Two fun cards, rather cleverly designed too. They look grumpy like me in lockdown and a spur on my heel...xx

Wendy said...

Both cards are super fun and spot on, Carol! I am guilty, too, of being grumpy! Between the weather and the affairs of our country....enough to make anyone grouchy! I love how you colored each dog and created a scene with each. The inside saying made me almost spit out my coffee! Spot on perfection, my friend!

cotnob said...

Two super cards Carol, your Grumpy Dogs are fabulous, I certainly couldn't choose a favourite, they are both brilliant.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

:D :D :D My dear friend, your cards make me SMILE so much!! How much fun are those grumpy dogs??They reflects my state of mind too! :)
LOVE, absolutely love how you dressed both the dogs! There is a lot of hidden work of love in both the cards! Love the golden streamers in the first cards and the twine through the punched corners! Surely Butch will laugh so much when he will see it! :D
The Christmas one is brilliant with the hanging bone and the classic sentiment that enhance his grumpy face! :D The sentiment inside adds even more laughs for who receive it!
You are always so clever!! :D Very, very WELL DONE!!
Thanks for putting a smile on my face today!
Sending hugs and love as always!!

Darnell said...

Great post, Carol, and I love how you ended it with a banishment to being grumpy. It doesn't solve anything and it only makes everyone feel worse. We will leave the grumpiness to the critters on our cards and your bulldog is the King of Grumpy, lol! You didn't let him stop you making two delightful scenes for him to celebrate a (un)happy birthday and a measly-gift Christmas! I LOVE that Riley sediment on the inside of the Christmas card! Thank you for all your past support of Twofer, my friend. You've really started my day off with a smile with your designs for this final challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Claire said...

OMG you nailed it... the Christmas card is absolutely wonderful, the bone dangling from the branch is truly genius Carol... honestly this single card has to be my favourite of all your cards, I love it all. In fact both are great and I do like those pretty streamers, great to emphasize a birthday celebration x

Donna said...

Too cute, amazing how this dog can be a birthday and a Christmas card.

Veronica Lee said...

Your Grumpy Dogs are ADORABLE!

Love them both!

Rajani Rehana said...

So beautiful card

Sarn said...

I absolutely LOVE these. The grumpy dog and the sentiments are just too funny! Thank you for making me smile today.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two fab cards with that grumpy bulldog, Carol - love their little hats too!!

Brenda said...

I am so loving your twofer's Carol! This dog cracks me up, he has an Archie Bunker expression. lol He is so cute as a birthday and Christmas grouch. Love him with the Santa hat! Both card are just fabulous! I can see why you were chuckling while making these. Hugs, Brenda

JD/ Jill said...

Two Adorable cards. Carol, I am so with you...(You have a lot of other company) I haate to even turn on my computer anymore or listen to the news. It depressing me and doesn't get me in the mood to make cards. I have to somehow change that!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard at these grumpy dogs. The expression just cracks me up along with their sentiments. What a great job you did! The inside sentiment started me laughing all over again. The bone on the branch is adorable.

Goga said...

Beautiful birthday card! Thanks for playing at TMR challange. Goga

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at The Male Room blog challange

Helen said...

Great card - love those dogs!

Thanks for joining us at The Male Room Challenge.

Helen x
(DT)