Saturday, August 28, 2021

Autumn Inspired Birthday Card


I made this card with some Lawn Fawn stitched leaf dies, as well as an old EK punch for the border. I found a piece of gold crinkle dsp I've had for eons and thought it would work for an autumn-inspired card. I punched both the brown panel and a gold strip; inserting the negative gold leaves to coordinate with the larger ones. I used a Diana Wakely "Jungle" stencil by Ranger along with 3 different green inks for the vertical panel. The sentiment from SNSS was heat-embossed with gold and I added some brown and tan pearls for accents.

I'll enter this into the following challenges:

Freshly Made Sketches #500 - they're celebrating a decade of sketch challenges, congratulations!!
(I missed the rules to only enter three other challenges with theirs, so perhaps you can learn from my mistakes if you enter this challenge 😏)




Thanks for stopping by and I wish everyone a safe and happy weekend!

Carol 
 

20 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful Autumn card love all the leaves and stencilled background
Carol x

Donna said...

Fabulous card Carol, like your stenciling and those crinkle leaves are fantastic! Have a wonderful weekend!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful Autumn leaves design and I like the sketch too!

Maria said...

A very lovely card!! Such pretty leaves against the stenciled background!! Wonderful design, too!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the texture on your leaves! Thanks for helping us celebrate #500 at FMS this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Great card for fall! Love the leaves and the texture! Glad you joined us at FMS!

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, your gold crinkle paper is perfect for the leaves.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous background along with the delightful stencil and colours. xx

Wendy said...

Love, love, love this card, Carol! The stenciling makes it all pop and those stitched leaves create such a great Fall card! Well done, my friend! Hope your having a nice weekend! Hugs~

Liz said...

Lovely Autumn themed card, Carol. xx

Claire said...

Very pretty, I love the triple coloured stencilled background and the way the whole card flows with a beautiful crisp Autumnal feel, the gold looks fab x

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely Autumn card!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful 😍

*Vicki* said...

Really beautiful Autumn card Carol! I love those LF leaves and the texture from the cardstock works perfectly with them! The stenciled background makes for a nice backer too!! Fall is a favorite time for me! HUGS

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such fabulous card, love how green and gold match together with that black stripe! The stencilled background is gorgeous as well all those leaves! You have been surely very busy with the inlay of those little leaves but the result is so effective!
Sending you hugs and love across the miles!

Jen Brum said...

What a lovely autumn themed card! I love those leaves! The little leaves are so delicate! Love the colours! Thanks for joining in our 500th celebration at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

Such a pretty card! I love the leafy design and the colors are lovely together. Thanks for joining our 500th celebration at Freshly Made Sketches!

Brenda said...

Oooh, I love this card Carol! That gold paper is fabulous! The is color combo, the embossing with the green and gold is so beautiful. Love the border you made as well. A beautiful fall card for sure!!! Hugs, Brenda

Brenda said...

This is an amazing autumn card, the stenciled background is the perfect backdrop. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Little Red Wagon!

Heather said...

Very pretty!! I love leaves and these are fabulous!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.