Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Halloween in May


Mother's Day has just come and gone and already I'm making a Halloween card. What?! LOL
In case you aren't aware, there's a new challenge this year called 
Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge and for the month of May it's an "anything goes" challenge with the following mood board to inspire you...


I used a piece of black & white dotted paper for the background, stamping assorted "Boos" and bats with stamp sticks by Judith. The skeleton is a stencil from SSS and I stamped through it with Versafine ink, then embossed it with white ep on a piece of purple cardstock. I matted the image panel with 2 more panels of lemon lime and orange, die-cutting them all with a Venetian Label die set from GMD. I added 3 die-cut "BOO!" sentiments from Lil Inker and added some sticker "gemstones", glaze pen accents and black Nuvo dots.



 Here's what the inside looks like with 3 die-cuts from the SU! Chalk Talk dies, and a heat-embossed stamped sentiment from Lil Inker. The skull and crossbones came from a punch-out border that were included with a kit of Halloween papers I've had for eons.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a good day where you live. It's a picture-perfect day here in PA - the kind I've been looking forward to enjoying :)

Carol

14 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

EEEkkk!!! :D I'm not ready for Halloween! LOL :D Great design full of details, and the dotted paper is a great way to make ALL pop! And then the inside...that's really spooky! :D Well done and good luck with the challenge!
Here the weather isn't good... This Spring the rain is really tedious, we can't see a week of sun!
Enjoy your sunny and your picture-perfect days :) and lift your spirit! :) Big hugs from the other edge of the globe!! :D

Liz said...

Love this, what a fun card, Carol. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute Halloween card designs. I only send six or less soi I am in no hurry to make any.

Claire said...

Dem bones, oh my he's a cutie and I thought he was a die before I read your post, great way to use the stencil. Loving the trio of Boo's in traditional Halloween colours... what a fun and spooky card x

Maria said...

How cute and fun are your Halloween cards!! Wonderful color and great design!!

Tammy L said...

Fun card. Loved the Halloween colors you used. Great job with the inside as well. Thanks for joining us at 2 Old Bats Halloween Challenge.
Tammy DT

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this is great! I have to say the inside sentiment gave me a giggle. Five months will go by in a snap. I'm hoping I'll have my Halloween cards and most of my Christmas cards done and then I can concentrate on Thanksgiving. I'm so glad you played along with us at Two Old Bats!

aussie aNNie said...

Fun and spookie card, awesome.

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, I like how you have decorated the inside as well.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Diane said...

Fabulously FUN card, love the colors of the BOO's and the inside is absolutely perfect!! thank you for joining our challenge at Two Old Bats and hope to see you each and every month!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Wendy said...

OMGosh, this is so COOL!!! I can't tell you how much I love this! Awesome images and sentiments but what I found hilarious is the name of the challenge!! 2 Old Bats! ROFLMAO! Super fun and well, I love everything about your card, Carol!! Enjoy the sunshine!! Hugs~

Darlene said...

Oh Carol this is just awesome inside & out! LOVE how you've incorporated the Halloween colors! Perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Two Old Bats Halloween challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back each month. Remember, you can play as many times as you’d like!! If we have 50+ entries, we will give a PRIZE.

Darlene
TWO OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOL!! I hear you, in May, Halloween is very far away but still, it's loads of fun to make these types of cards, and I love yours.
The inside sentiment is a hoot, thank you for the laugh and for sharing with us at 2 OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE.
Stay healthy and safe.
Maria/DT

Lori Kobular said...

What a fun Halloween card! Love that skeleton and the Boo's and I especially got a chuckle out of the inside of your card! Thanks for sharing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge!