Sunday, March 28, 2021

Window Box



 Sorry for the shadowy photo - it's a cloudy day and I don't have a light box.
I used some SSS lemon cardstock along with a SU! Window Box Thinlet die to cut the box, then simply used a SU! petals 'a plenty embossing folder to make squares for the sides. I dotted the flower centers with a gold paint pen, then tied up a pretty piece of yellow satin ribbon on top.
I haven't attached a sentiment yet but I think I'm going to make this a mother's day treat box for a thoughtful friend.

I'm sharing this with the Let's Squash It Challenge #6



We're to make or recycle a box and use floral embossing.

That's it for me today. It's raining and dark and cloudy, so I will be finding things to do in my craft room today.
Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day whatever you do!

Carol




15 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful treat box love the shape and embossed sides
Carol x

Irish Cherokee said...

Loving this box. Bright and special in every way. Those panels and the yellow color and bow make it special.

Hugs,
Jim

Claire said...

Doesn't lemon just make you smile, its definitely a Spring colour and the depth of the daisy embossing folder is gorgeous and makes for the perfect pairing for this sweet little window box x

Liz said...

Your box is beautifully, Carol. xx

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this Carol ,it's amazing with the embossed sides....xx

MiamiKel said...

Carol this is so enchanting! I love the sweet little box and this is just beautifully done - I'd love to see a tutorial! The embossing is just a perfect touch!

cotnob said...

A pretty gift box Carol, a lovely embossing folder.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy said...

So pretty, Carol! This would make someone smile for Mother's Day with that lovely color and embossed flowers panels! Well done!

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Carol! Those little touches of gold are the sweetest little additions to a very pretty make. Thanks for playing at Let's Squash It! Jo x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I think the light shows this box up beautifully Carol, it's so very beautiful, love the embossing and the gold centres, it's such a lovely design.
Faith x

Donna said...

Such an awesome box, like the gold you added and the beautiful ribbon!

jimlynn said...

Wow!!! Beautiful!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! How sweet and elegant box! Great idea embossing the panels and making gold dots on the flowers centres! Love the shape and the yellow satin ribbon!
Here the sun shines and no rain by age. I think it will be a hot Summer this year!
Hugs and love, sending good vibes on your way!

Brenda in IN said...

How cute is this! I love the yellow, it shouts spring is coming with those embossed flowers and stunning gold centers. The bunny should fill this right up for your friend.

ionabunny said...

Pretty and fun box with lovely embossed panels. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz