Friday, March 19, 2021

Christmas and Birthday


Here are my cards for the Twofer Card Challenge #36. I used a Spellbinder Oval die for both cards. For this challenge, the choice is yours!




I found this stag die-cut in my snippet box and placed it on a red die-cut oval, then matted with a black scalloped oval die-cut from SB. The 2 different papers are from a DCWB black & white pad which I separated with a MFT diagonal stitched die-cut in white. I added a SSS heat-embossed sentiment on a black strip and added alternating enamel dots to finish.

I'm also sharing this card with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is to use 2 or more patterned papers


 The second card for my twofer was created with a Crafter's Companion 3D embossing folder in kraft, then swiped with a white craft ink pad. I decided it needed some sparkle, so I added clear Wink of Stella to the trees. I die-cut the oval from red (which I used on the first card) and then used two larger SB oval/scalloped dies to make the frame from white card stock. I heat-embossed the SU! (retired) greeting with white ep and called this one done.

I'm also sharing this card with these challenges:

the CAS Christmas card challenge to use kraft, red, and white
(they are also celebrating their third birthday)

{This is the first time I played along with this challenge as I'm not very good with making CAS cards, but I love the color combination so I gave it a try}





That's it for me, so thanks much for stopping by. I always appreciate your visits and time spent to leave comments.
Have yourself a fabulous Friday!

Carol




20 comments:

Wendy said...

Love them both, Carol! I love the colors and that each card is different! Your masculine card is wonderful with those papers & deer image! The Christmas card is awesome as well with your focal panel and heat embossed sentiment! Well done, my friend! The sun has come out so enjoy the sunshine today and have a great day! :)

Donna said...

Fabulous and striking masculine cards for Darnell's twofer challenge!

LeAnne said...

These are beautiful! That embossing folder on the second is STUNNING!

Mrs A. said...

You have come up trumps with both of these cards I have that stag die and havn't thought to use it other than on a Christmas card. I have my blinkers on and must think out side the box more! Hugs Mrs A.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Both of these are so well designed. I always love to see designs using deer on them.

Anita in France said...

What a handsome stag against the cool, graphic pp, Carol ... so stylish in the double oval frame! Your embossed, frosty scene is fantastic with the extra touch of swiped white ink and the shimmer of WoS ... the white oval frame really makes it pop! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

Claire said...

Great designs for the Twofer challenge, the first card has a real masculine feel with the stag and geometric patterned paper. However, your second card is beautiful... the embossed scene overlaid with the white ink is delightful and that one would be one of many similar makes for 2021, just stunning Carol.

Yes, you are quite right... I share my birthday with the first day of Spring in the Northern Hemisphere tomorrow 20th so thank you for the birthday wishes and for remembering, it was very touching, bless you... big hugs for your kindness xxx

aussie aNNie said...

wow Carol, these are absolutely gorgeous. xx

JD/ Jill said...

Great card for this twofer challenge. You always do such nice work with Masculine cards! (me not so much...smile)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such Beautiful cards Carol, love the colour combo's, beautiful designs also.
Faith x

crafty-stamper said...

Both gorgeous cards love the papers and majestic stag on the first
Carol x

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Carol, they are both very elegant.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue - said...

Two great Christmas cards! Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

Brenda said...

Aren't you the clever one Carol! I would have never thought to use a shape die for my twofer! I'm so in love with both of these cards. The stag is so cool with those fabulous papers you used, loving the pop of red. Makes a great masculine birthday for sure and I just may have to CAS it! Your Christmas card is so beautiful, I so love that embossing folder! Just the highlight of the white ink on it makes it stunning and the image just pops. There you go, you have the white, red and kraft color combo-much better than mine I must say! Again, you are a clever gal. Now I need to get my twofer's done! Hugs, Brenda

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

These Christmas cards are very elegant!! Wow! You always use so well your patterned papers, love the modern look of the first one!
Love the way you used the EF with white ink on craft cardstock, and the colour combo with red looks so effective!! Well done using the beautiful scallop to make your twofer!! Well done!!
Hugs and love!

Darnell said...

These are both wonderful cards, Carol! I love that stately stag as a portrait on your manly birthday card and, as always, your deft hand at using pp shines in the background! WTG using the the red negative for your stunning Christmas design. That's a cool 3D scene with the snowy schparkly trees and I love how you did the sediment! Thank you for playing in TCC #36! I hope you are keeping well. Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Wonderful twofer cards Carol!

I LOVE the second card with the embossed winter scene of trees and deer. On kraft with white ink highlihgting the embossing, this looks so dimensional, I just want to reach out and touch the card! Beautiful with the white scalloped oval frame and red card base. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas! xx

Bonnie said...

Two fantastic cards, Carol! The stag head makes a fabulous masculine birthday card, and I love the sweet Christmas scene! Both look wonderful in the oval frames! Thanks for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

Christine Alexander said...

your embossed card is awesome, I love how you used the embossing folder and used the white ink to highlight the areas. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Colleen said...

Oh I LOVE your CAS Christmas card for the CAs Challenge, swiping the ef with white makes it look so pretty. This is a wonderful design and card for this challenge!