Friday, February 12, 2021

Twofer Balloons


It's time for the Twofer Challenge #35 and this time the prompt is balloons!


Here's what I came up with for my twofer.


I made a congratulations card, so I can use it for graduation, an anniversary, or any occasion that calls for sending congratulations. The Tim Holtz balloons were stamped with Versamark on colorful snippets of cardstock, then heat embossed with white ep and fussy cut. I used a stick stamp and white craft ink to create some little stars in the background. Then I used assorted glaze pens to draw little dots, and added assorted colors of tiny gemstones for some sparkle. The balloon tails were attached with assorted colors of twine and some glossy accents. The sentiment is also by Tim Holtz and I used a MFT fishtail frame die, adding some yellow cardstock behind it to make it stand out against the black background.

I'm also sharing this card with 

the Snippets Playground #396 - Ruby's Memory





 For my second card, I made a birthday card that I'm going to send to a special little girl this coming spring. I love this cute little girl gnomie die that a dear friend sent to me last year. I die-cut her in black, white, pink, and yellow, adding red ribbon bows for her hair. Again, I used the Tim Holtz balloons, stamping them with Versamark on Lawn Fawn pink cardstock, then using tinsel glitter embossing powder for a little sparkle. I hand drew the balloon strings with a black marker. The sentiment is from SSS and the paper is a snippet from a 12x12 K&Co paper pad that's a perfect match.

I'm also going to share this card with 



Thanks for stopping by and make today a fun one whatever you do!

 Carol

20 comments:

Wendy said...

OMGosh, I love them both, Carol!! I so love all the balloons and how colorful it is! Perfect for a Graduation! Then that adorable girl gnome just made me smile! Love everything about it! You have some really great friends that send you all kinds of crafting things! Your a lucky lady! Keep those amazing cards coming! Hugs~

Janice M said...

Adorable cards!! I specially like the black one with the balloons. Great idea to have it available for multiple occasions!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Carol what wonderful creations, love the heart Gnome and the balloons, your balloons with the twine are so cute and colourful.
Faith x

MiamiKel said...

Carol, these are brilliant! I love how fun and colorful they are -just a vision! The one with the gnome has to be my favorite! xx

Brenda said...

I love your twofers Carol! The girl gnome is too cute and I love that you gave her balloons to hold, I'm sure that special little girl will love this birthday card! Your congrats balloon card is a great idea, it can be used for a lot of occasions. I'm still thinking. lol Glad you got yours done! Hugs, Brenda

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

The congrats cards is so clever, as you said, just perfect for a lot of situations!! Love the starry sky and the colourful balloon with the white embossing!
That gnome-girl makes me smile, such fun birthday card!

Claire said...

Fab job with your two twofer balloon cards. I love the attention to detail with your Congrats card from the pretty colours of the gel pens to the different colour twine... it's cool. Of course I always like gnomes and your sweet little girly is adorable holding her pink balloons :) x

Maria said...

Two beautiful cards using the balloon theme!! Love the darling girl gnome!! And, wonderful congratulations card! Great idea for a graduation!!

Donna said...

Such fabulous cards Carol, you always do so well on the Twofer challenge and you really outdid yourself this month!

Darnell said...

You always come up with delightful and distinctly different designs, Carol, and I love your creativity here! Your congratulations card is a PARTY all on its own! I love the colors, the twine balloon strings, the matted flag sediment, and all the wonderful bling-a-ding-ding that makes it a party! And your little girl ganome makes me grin from ear-to-ear! I love how you did all the elements and layers, right down to the bows in her hair and the schparkle on her balloons! Thank you so much for playing in TCC #35! Keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

aussie aNNie said...

Two and adorable creation. Fabulous cards, lovely all rounder, design is great. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your cards are well designed and wonderful. I love the balloons.

cotnob said...

Two super cards Carol, they are both fabulous but I especially like the bright balloons against the dark background on your congratulations card.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

crafty-stamper said...

Both beautiful cards and love the fabulous balloons especially the coloured ones againt the black background.Feeling a lot better thank you as long as I don't overdo it or still feel shattered next day but daughter is keeping an eye on me lol
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Hi Carol I'm here again to make you know that I saw you have won at Stamploration.
See here
https://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2021/02/january-winners.html#more
Congrats!! :D
Hugs!

Bonnie said...

I love the soft pink balloons that your gnomette is delivering, Carol! Such a creative and unique design of your twofer card with the brightly colored balloons on the black background! A perfect celebration! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

Brenda in IN said...

You just can't go wrong with a gnome and she is so cute. What little girl wouldn't like that card. The bright row of balloons is so festive and I like all the different colored twine you used.

Stampsnob. said...

Very cute . Lis

Di said...

Super cards Carol! I do think the little girl gnome is adorable (Simon Says Stamp?) and love the cheerful balloons card - great use of snippets as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Anita in France said...

How celebratory are all those vibrant balloons against the black background, Carol ... love how you coordinated the twine ties with them! That little girl gnome is just so sweet ... fantastic detailing ... and such a lovely soft colour palette for her! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)