Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Quilt Cards


I haven't made a quilt card in a long time and I wanted to use this pretty piece of Echo Park pink dsp I've had for years. I cut both the dsp. and a piece of red cardstock with a MFT quilt die and put all the pieces together to make the quilt. I die-cut some stitched nested hearts for the center, adding a little heart-shaped gemstone. I placed this all on a Lawn Fawn pink card base, adding a love sentiment.

I'll enter this card into the following challenges:






 When you cut 2 pieces of cardstock and designer paper to make the quilt, you have 2 pieces left over, so why not use them to make a reverse design? That's what I've done here and and made a birthday card. I have a friend who celebrates her birthday close to Valentine's day, so this is going to her. For the center, I used a set of Impression Obsession button dies and cut thin strips of the dsp and wove them into the button holes. I added a birthday sentiment and called this one done.

I'm sharing this card with the following challenges:

Dies R Us Challenge #162 - a/g using dies sold in their store (I.O.)





Thanks for stopping by today and make it a great day whatever you do! I hope those of you living in winter zones have a nice quilt to keep you warm!

Carol



20 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

You must have the patience of a saint to do all this paper piecing. Two more great cards and every Valentine you made is stunning. Great job!

cotnob said...

Super cards Carol, great paper - perfect for your quilted design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

crafty-stamper said...

WOW fabulous cards Carol and love the beautiful quilting design
Carol x

Aquarius said...

Great that you get two for one when using this die. Two pretty quilt cards

Nancy said...

Two cards for the price of one! Both are just wonderful too! I could cover up with a quilt that pretty any time. Thanks for joining us over at Color Hues.

Wendy said...

Both cards are beautiful, Carol! I have a Quilt Die that I have never used! I may just have to drag it out and make some cards with it....thanks for the inspiration! I really love how you decorated each card! Very special! TFS and have a wonderful day! :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable valentine card, I bought that quilt die after having saw some quilt cards by you, years ago, and I'm was so impressed. But I used it only for a few works. Now I think that I have to bring it out and use it more!! :D Love the papers used and the nested hearts as focal point!! So sweet! The gem in the centre is just perfect to catch the eyes!! Love the second one too made with the leftovers, this is another very good thing to do with this die! :D The thin strips to simulate the thread in the button holes is so clever!!!! :) Very well done!
Big hugs dear friend, stay strong hoping for a better future!

Donna said...

These are so stunning Carol, I like that you did the reverse also, no point in letting anything go to waste!

Claire said...

That's a great choice of patterned paper as it works so well in the quilt design. I love the reverse look too and you've got two really fantastic cards to send to lucky recipient x

Lindsey said...

Two beautiful cards! THe design works beautifully either way. And I agree, that is such a pretty paper, you were right to let it shine like this. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues as well as Addicted to Stamps and More!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful are both of them. You chose wonderful papers for the quilts and pefect for Valentines.

Maria said...

Oh, such pretty cards with the quilt theme!! I do have a quilt die that has been neglected for quite some time. I need to bring it out and use it. Great designs and pretty paper, too, for your wonderful cards...well done!!

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the cards Carol.

Hugs and Blessings,
Jim

aussie aNNie said...

wow you sure have some gorgeous ideas and dies. xx

Darlene said...

OH WOW what clever and beautiful creations Carol! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DIES R US
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

laurie said...

This is so gorgeous!! I just love the quilts. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

Brenda said...

Gosh Carol, I haven't made a quilt card in forever either! I love these two you have made! The hearts in the center is perfect for Feb. I love how you used the negative as well, so you got twofer's! Hugs, Brenda

Janice M said...

Oh that quilt makes for the perfect Valentine! So pretty!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful cards! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Color Hues Challenge! ❤️

foleysfriend said...

Love how you're able to create two cards with your die cut pieces - bonus, right? The cards are so pretty and I like your patterned paper choice. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.