Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Heartfelt Thanks


 I found a pre-cut and inlaid PTI heart banner (along with a matching vellum scalloped banner) in my snippet box that I'd made previously and for some unknown reason, I just didn't like it. Today is a different day and I decided I like it now 😊

I also found the two die-cut stitched hearts in my snippet box as well, and thought they all looked pretty together. I placed them on a piece of SSS woodgrain cardstock and added a Lawn Fawn sentiment of thanks.

I got the PTI heart banner out and die-cut 3 tiny stars from it for the bottom just to balance things out.

I'll share this with the following challenges:

Double D Challenge - anything with a heart



Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - use your favorite technique
(mine is inlaid die cutting)


We hit temps of 50 degrees yesterday with brilliant sunshine and tonight we're bracing for yet another snowstorm with accumulating snow. My old body is confused with these weather extremes, but the sun is out again today so I'm going to enjoy it while it's here! Tonight when the snow comes, I will be doing this.... 💤

Thanks for checking in with me and do have yourself a great day!
Stay warm and take care!

Carol


17 comments:

LeAnne said...

So pretty, Carol...one of my favorite classic color combinations! Stay warm, stay safe!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous card Carol, love the embossed background with the lovely hearts. Yes these weather patterns are so confusing of late, all over the world I think. I'm glad you are keeping in and warm and safe too.
Faith x

Maria said...

A very lovely card!! Beautiful color!! And, wonderful hearts and embossed background!! We gots lots of snow on Monday...about 12 inches. I’m ready for spring! Stay safe and warm!!

Claire said...

I love the black banner with the sweet little inset red hearts, its so striking and certainly makes a statement. You've created some wonderful Valentine's Day cards this year, full of inspiration x

Wendy said...

Very pretty card, Carol! I love all the hearts on this one and i'm so glad today you liked those diecuts! LOL I thought I was the only one that did that!
Yes, more snow! I'm starting to think we live in Alaska anymore.....every other day we get snow or ice. How many days until spring?? You guys take care & stay warm! It's downright freezing! Hugs~

Verna Angerhofer said...

The card you made with the snippet looks fantastic to me.

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, I especially like the heart banner.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda said...

Oh Carol, I am so loving this card!!! That black banner with the red hearts is so pretty and elegant looking. Love it on top of the scalloped banner-great dies! The hearts are perfect layers and I love the "thanks" on top of them. The woodgrain cardstock is amazing, really love that too. All in all, a very elegant thank you card! Stay warm and hope the snow isn't to bad for you guys. I hope March isn't snowy! lol I'm so ready for spring! Hugs, Brenda

Darlene said...

WOW ... this is so, so pretty Carol! Love that inlaid banner! Awesome card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Anything with a Heart’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card.great embossed background and love the tiny red hearts on the black banner
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So glad you now like that gorgeous banner with the inlay hearts and the vellum scallop! :D It looks really classy! And the whole card is so beautiful with the two big hearts, the sentiment on them and the wood-grain background! It's a striking design!
Enjoy the sun despite the snowstorms! Stay warm and have a great day!
Hope to have time get in touch with you by mail in the weekend. Hugs!!

Janice M said...

Isn't it fun finding/using stuff we laid aside in the past and making something with it?! I've been finding myself doing the same thing lately! Your card is very pretty!

Sarn said...

Absolutely lovely card xxx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful project for our current challenge, "ANYTHING WITH A HEART" ♥ delightful design and colours.
Thanks for joining in at [aNNie Designer for Double D challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card!

Stampsnob. said...

Love those stitched dies ...........Lis

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is so pretty! Wonderful design. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)