Thursday, October 8, 2020

Sparkly Autumn Leaves


 Autumn is just beginning here where I live in PA and it's my favorite time of the year. I love watching the beautiful tree leaves change color and enjoy the cooler, crisp air of the season. Today I made a card with some autumn leaves. I used Spellbinder dies to cut the leaves, sponging them with lots of assorted autumn-colored inks, then covering them with glossy accents and sprinkling on some GinaK glitter for sparkle. I popped them up on foam dots on a SSS Orange Peel piece of card that was die-cut with a GMD scalloped die, then framed it with a larger die cut from white. The background was a random piece of autumn themed paper I got from Tuesday Morning years ago. The sentiment is from SNSS.

I will enter this into the following challenges:


Tuesday Throwdown # 467 - make it sparkle


Dies R Us Challenge #154 -a/g using dies from their store (Spellbinders)

Thanks for stopping by and my wish for all of you is to have a healthy, happy day.

Carol

17 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful Autumn card! I'm so thankful for the cooler weather. Sat out on my porch and did some Crafting yesterday.

Doreen said...

Beautiful leaves and love the backing papers.xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This is so beautiful, Carol! LOVE the dimension and the interest you achieved to the leaves with the glossy accents plus glitter! Wow! You have done so well framing them! And the background paper is so lovely!
Big hugs across the miles!!

Claire said...

Ooh awesome job on the leaves, they look all crispy with frost and perfect choice of leaves. That big pop of orange really says Autumn. Autumn isn't quite as beautiful here as it is in the US, maybe it's just my perception but I do think you do Fall so much better and Halloween for sure :) x

Stampsnob. said...

Not Fall here in Florida still 80+ So we need to see cards like yours for color and fallen leaves ...............Lis

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, Carol! Just love the pretty paper and those gorgeous shimmery leaves! Fall is definitely here so get out and enjoy it! I love sitting out in the afternoon and looking at the leaves change! Makes my heart happy! TFS Hope you & Butch are enjoying the cooler weather! Hugs~

Maria said...

Gorgeous leaves! And, the paper to match is perfect! A lovely fall card!

aussie aNNie said...

Absolutely beautiful leaves on your card and most gorgeous colours....stunning make.xxx

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, I love your sparkly leaves, they look like they have frost on them - a great idea.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

crafty-stamper said...

Weird I remember leaving a comment on your card yesterday and came back to leave a DT comment too???Great P.paper and love the beautiful frosty looking Autumn leaves.Thank you for joining us at Craft Rocket
Carol DT x

Donna said...

Fabulous card, your leaves are absolutely stunning, great idea!!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I agree with Cotnob, Carol, I love the frosty leaves, such a beautiful card. I have experienced Fall in PA, back in 1976, we went to Cooks Forest, I wonder if you know it?
Faith x

Brenda in IN said...

Those leaves are so colorful and they just sparkle. The paper you used for background is perfect!

CraftyGirl said...

Lovely project, I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

Julie Odil said...

I love the sparkle in those big, bold leaves! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us Challenges. Julie, DT Member

*Vicki* said...

Nothing says Autumn like those colorful leaves and wow this card is stunning Carol! LOVE what you've done with your popped out leaves as they look so realistic! The way you've framed them in with the papers works so nice!! I love this! HUGS

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful design. I love the autumn leaves. Thanks for sharing with us at Dies R us Challenge Blog.
Kathy
DRU DT