Tuesday, September 8, 2020

I'm Here for the BOOS


 I'd forgotten I bought a fun Halloween stamp set from Lil Inker just before their store closed, so when I finally opened my tub of Halloween stamps, dies, and papers, I was surprised to find new stamps and dies I'd forgotten I had! LOL  I keep my supplies organized in 12x12 containers and mark the front, so I only pull out what I'm currently working on. I decided to cut up some random strips of Halloween dsp and place them on a black panel, then tilted that panel on purple, which then went onto an orange card base. The bat was die-cut at a friends house years ago and I think it's by Darice, but not sure. I used paper punches to create the eyes, covering them with glossy accents. The little "boo" tags were in a plastic bag, stamped and punched with retired SU! products. I dotted them with some black Nuvo dots. The main sentiment is by Lil Inker from one of my new/forgotten stamp sets, and was cut out with a Marvy Ticket punch.

I'll enter this card into the following challenges:

NBUS challenge #18 - my "Never Before Used Schtuff" is the sentiment.


With Halloween just around the corner, I knew it was time to get started on my cards, so there's one for the box!

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great Tuesday!

Carol

20 comments:

Maria said...

A cute and fun Halloween card! Love the bat and the sentiments! And, great way to use up DP!

Claire said...

Super cool background and I love, love the sentiment... it's so fun and one I might actually use on Trick or Treat night (not this year). I like the bat with his wide glossy eyes x

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness I love this Carol! The paper strips are perfect along with that purple background too! I just LOVE the eyes on the bat and how stinkin' cute is that sentiment! Love the little "boo" tags along your design as well! I really love those Halloween cards and hope I get to making some soon! TFS!

Donna said...

Fabulous card, cool background, like the tags and the bat!

Darnell said...

So funny and fun, Carol! That sediment is a hoot and the card design is fantastic! You put a lot of work into this one, down to the last detail! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! I hope all is well! Hugs, Darnell

Wendy said...

How cute!! Love your Halloween card, Carol! The different strips of paper are eye catching as in your cute bat! Love the sentiment! So happy to see you starting your Halloween cards! TFS Stay cool this week! Another blast of the muggy's is here! Blah!!

aussie aNNie said...

Cool and awesome gorgeous design. xx
If I don't comment for a few days it's because blogger insists I use the 'prove I am not a robot' pest..xx
like NOW!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute and cool Halloween card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your papers and design Carol, a super fun sentiment and a great card.
Faith x

cotnob said...

A super Halloween card Carol, great papers and fun sentiment.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Di said...

Super use of snippets Carol and such a great result. I do love the sentiment - perfect!

Hugs

Di xx

Stampsnob. said...

There should be a lot more Halloween card sending since there wont be much trick or treating ...Very cute cards...Lis

Brenda in IN said...

Great background with those fun strips of pattern paper. It adds so much interest. Those eyes pop on the bat and the sentiment is so funny.

JD/ Jill said...

Great Halloween card, Carol. Nice design!

Janice M said...

Isn't it fun finding things we forgot we had?? Love the idea of storing things together in a box. I need to get better organized! That bat is cute and I like the way you did the eyes. Cute card!!

crafty-stamper said...

Love the bat with the googly eyes and great background you made with strips of different papers
Carol x

aussie aNNie said...

BIG thank you Carol on your complimentary comment...hugs. xxx

Brenda said...

How cute is this Halloween card Carol?!! I love the bat with googly eyes, gives him such character. I love the way you have used strips of DSP on the black panel-great way to use up some snippets for sure! Love it on top of the purple panel, makes the dsp pop. Those little tags with "boo" on them are way to cute! Then there is the big sentiment, so stinkin' cute! I guess I'm here for the boo's too. lol Hugs, Brenda

StampTramps said...

Such a great way to use up all those strips of paper! Sadly, I went through a tossing period and guess where all mine went?

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fun and cool card, you got a fabulous background with your snippets and love how you made the bat's eyes with punch and glossy accents! <the tiny tags are so fun and also cute!