Tuesday, June 2, 2020

89th Birthday Card



I made this birthday card for a friend of mine who turned 89 years young a couple weeks ago. I'm trying to use up the paper pads I've held onto for much too long, and the elements for this came from an Authentique  Season's Summer paper pad. The 2 die-cut panels had been previously cut and placed back in the paper pad, so I based the card design on them. I used the SSS gnome die and created it by using more snippets, coloring the beard lightly with a Copic marker. The balloons were done with a MS punch, and I used die-cut numbers from IO to represent her age. I tied some twine into bows and dangled more twine for the strings. The lower border was done with a retired SU! punch, and I added little bits of gold mirror card into the centers to coordinate with the gold bits in the gnome's outfit. The sentiment was done with a SNSS stamp set, and the lower portion was die-cut with a labels four die from Spellbinders, popped up on foam. I added a couple more gold dots just for fun. After I looked at the picture, I straightened the "hugs" panel as it was obviously crooked.

I'm entering this into the Pixie's Snippets Playground challenge #379

Snippets Playground Badge

Also sharing with the Tuesday Throwdown #458
CraftyGirl Designs Color Combo


Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a wonderful day!

Carol

18 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great card Carol love the cute gnome love the labels hanging on the twine
carol x

Brenda in IN said...

This is such a great card and a wonderful way to use up pattern paper. I love that gnome so much and he is so cute on this card. I like how you used different shapes for the sentiment, very cool.

jimlynn said...

What a cute way to tell someone happy birthday - sending the 89 hugs! Precious and I know they loved the card. The little gnome and all that pretty paper make the card a joy! So pretty!!
Lynn

Claire said...

Aww 89 birthday hugs, that's so awesome how you've tied the age with the sentiment... it's super sweet. Great use of snippets for the little gnome guy whom I love every time he makes an appearance. Nice to see your cards, take care... I know things are a bit volatile over there so I hope you're away from the protests and keeping safe x

*Vicki* said...

Oh I just LOVE your creations with this darling gnome die! (I have one and you wouldn't know it because I've hardly used it...along with papers too! LOL!) Love that you've added the numbers on the balloons and I can see why you've hoarded the papers, the colors and patterns are so pretty!! Thanks for sharing! Hope you're doing well!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the Gnome, a fabulous design, I'm sure the recipient will love it and have a smile too.
Take care
Faith x

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Carol. I love the design and the gnome is just adorable. xx

Ina G said...

Simply fabulous card Carol. So much to love about this beauty - the cute gnome, designer paper, the numbers inside the balloon and the dangling string. I also recognize that border punch. A favourite SU one I haven't used in ages. I bet your friend loved it. So creative!

Maria said...

Oh, how pretty and so cute with the darling gnome! Happy 89th Birthday to your friend! Great way to use up those paper pads...wonderful design! Awesome color combo, too!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute birthday card design.

aussie aNNie said...

Love your gnome again Carol, always designed so beautifully.xx

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, a great design and lovely colour choices.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Stampsnob. said...

Lovely card but please don't put the number on the front of my card I know what it is and don't want reminder not since 65 LOL ...........Lis

Donna said...

What a fabulous and uplifting birthday card for your friend, darling gnome and like those ballons!

Janice M said...

This is adorable! Love the way you did the balloons with the numbers and strings! Sure it brought it a big smile!!

Aquarius said...

Brilliant card and the gnome is super. Great use of lots of snippets

Di said...

What a great card Carol! I bet the recipient loved it. I would never have thought to use the SSS Gnome for a non-Christmas card - how clever!

Hugs

Di xx

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute. I love the gnome. Great colors and design.