Thursday, January 9, 2020

Fun with Florals and Snippets


I decided that during the coming year I'm going to sort through my snippets box as often as possible and use up those assorted elements that just accumulate and take up room. This card was made entirely from snippets, except for the sentiment panel in blue. I found a previously die-cut SSS fresh daisies piece and the rest of this card was built around that. The die-cut stitched square, small and large outer frames, along with a pastel blue piece that was already embossed with a gemstone ef seemed to look good together, so I used them all. The dsp is long-retired SU! and I heat-embossed a birthday sentiment on some Pacific Point blue cardstock to match the daisies. I decided to leave the one bud dangling outside the frame just for fun, and added 3 tiny gemstones in pale blue for interest.

 I'm going to share this card with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is "Fun with Florals." 

I was stunned when I opened the SSS Wednesday challenge and saw my card was randomly chosen as the winner last week! It must be my lucky day and that's good news as my Big Shot died recently, and a couple days later my vacuum bit the dust as well........sigh. I'm grateful for the turn-around to some good luck :)

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day whatever you do!

Carol

18 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh how stunning this blue tone design is Carol! Love the texture from the light blue panel with your die cut floral over top!! So beautiful!! :) HUGS

Wendy said...

OMGosh, this is gorgeous, Carol!!! I love the colors, the diecut flowers and your embossed sentiment! It flows so nicely and what a great card to brighten up someone's birthday! Congratulations on the win! So sorry about your Big Shot & the vacuum cleaner! I'm praying better days are ahead for you! TFS and have a great day! :)

*Vicki* said...

P.S. Congrats on being choosen as a winner on the SSS challenge! :) Woohoo!!

Liz said...

Your card is beautiful, Carol and even more amazing that it was made from snippets. I have a box of snippets and unused die cuts, etc. Thanks for the inspiration to use them! xx

Stampsnob. said...

Oh how pretty Can't go wrong with blue ..........Lis

crafty-stamper said...

Congrats on your win at SSS and gorgeous card love the dies and the bud dangling over the edge
Carol x

Maria said...

Beautiful shades of blue that is so pretty against the white!! Very lovely die cut flowers, too!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful with the blue and white and all those layers. This is so gorgeous!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning, absolutely beautiful card and lovely colours Carol.xxx

Karen @ Misplaced Mojo said...

Gorgeous card!!! And even better that you were able to pull it together from pieces from the snippet box! I also have a snippet box... or two *cough*, that need a purpose. Sounds like a decent crafty resolution if I ever heard one! And, congrats on the SSS win!!! Change in luck, indeed!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I can’t believe you were able to pick this all out of your scrap box. The color is fabulous and it is a great layout!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

YAY!!! Happy dance for your won at SSS, Carol!!! :D Very well done!!! Hope you could buy a cutting machine sooner! I don't know how I could make without my Big Shot!! :(
Your snippet card is a true delight, love it so much! Fantastic blue and white design with the lovely flowers and that bud dangling outside the beautiful frame, and the design paper you used looks amazing!!
Big hugs and congrats for your lucky time!! :D

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You used the color of the year, and it is just lovely. Perfect thing to do for the new decade. It always amazes me how many goodies I find!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is gorgeous Carol, I love the blue and your "snippet" card ishas a beautiful design too.
Faith x

Claire said...

Firstly congrats on your win at Simon Says Stamp, nice change of luck long may it continue. Your card reminds me of Cornish wear or Wedgwood, its such a classy look blue and white. I do like the playful nature of leaving the bud hanging over, little touches like that really make a card unique to the creator x

Susan (rainy) said...

It's a beautiful card and so creative and fun to use snippets. That's a great idea to use them up. Those assorted elements really do accumulate!

And sorry about your Big Shot.. BUMMER! As for the vacuum? That might be just the excuse needed to not do it for awhile. *grin*

jimlynn said...

First of all......wow on being the winner at SSS! Fantastic!! Sorta feels like winning the lottery too I know!
Love your beautiful card Carol. I need to get out that flower die again and use it. Always pretty. Love the design for your card too!
Lynn

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, lovely blues.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x