Wednesday, December 11, 2019

'Tis the Season



 I had some snippets left over from a Fancy Pants Blissful Blizzard paper pad I used on the previous card I posted, so I used them to make another card. For this I used a Stampendous stamp I won in a prize package some time ago and never used it until now. I like the little scene within the deer head and thought it would make some nice Christmas cards. I used a MFT notched border die to make borders around the image, using narrow strips of dsp on the image panel itself and some matching plaid underneath. The main panel was stamped on dsp from the paper pad and the sentiment was heat-embossed with white ep on another little strip of matching dsp.

If I'm slow posting and getting around to commenting, it's because I'm trying to get used to a new computer and it's a little slow going. I need to figure out how to edit my photos now as PSE came pre-installed on my old computer and I'm now without my go-to photo editing software program. This was the last card I edited before switching to the new PC, so it may be a while before I post another new one :)

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:


MLCCB #17 - December Anything Christmas Goes

Happy Little Stampers  - December Anything Goes with Dies challenge

We had our first snowfall overnight and woke up to a light dusting of snow. It looks pretty, but hopefully it melts as we have errands to run today! LOL

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day whatever you do!

Carol

19 comments:

Donna said...

How stunning and creative!

Brenda in IN said...

I wish I could help you with the photo editing but that would not be me! Good luck and maybe someone will pop in and help you with that. This is a fantastic stamp, Carol. I wondered how you got that scene inside the deer. Beautiful plaid paper and fun mat.

*Vicki* said...

Wow! That image is so stunning Carol! I love it and your Christmas design as well with the border and the pretty plaids! This makes for a lovely design for the Season! We have a light dusting this morning too and still snowing. Stay safe running errands! HUGS

Maria said...

Oh, how lovely and interesting with the scene within the deer! A wonderful Christmas card! Merry Christmas to you and family!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is lovely! I really like that stamp and the plaid paper. Good luck navigating your new computer. It is hard to learn new software.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW Carol, this is just so wonderful, I love everything about it.
Good Luck with the software. There are other free photo editing software programs on the web?
Faith x

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is an amazing design with the open deer image and the scene within.

Stampsnob. said...

Love the print for the deer This is special......Lis

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! This deer is a stunning eyecatching whit the wintery scene inside!!! Gorgeous design and great use of snippets too!😊 Well done!
Changing a Pc and softwares could be difficult in the fist times, but I'm sure that you will become more confident quickly 😊
Hugs

Claire said...

Oooh I like that stamp, it almost looks 3D and its a perfect focal point to any Christmas card. I like how you've made this one with a masculine feel with the plaid paper. Good luck with your new PC, I'm sure you'll be a whizz on it soon enough x

aussie aNNie said...

Great display of this gorgeous card and lovely designer papers.x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fabulous image.xxx

jimlynn said...

Love your card Carol. That's sensation with the scene within the deer. Wonderful card.
You'll have the new computer mastered in no time at all. Check out some of the free editing programs. They're not too bad.
Stay warm!
Lynn

Di said...

Wowser Carol! I love this card and how clever to have the scene within the outline of the deer head.

Re. the photo editing for your new computer. I run on Linux Mint here (we got fed up with Microsoft a long time ago) - so I needed some photo editing software. GIMP is really good, once you get to know it AND, like Linux Mint, it's free to download. https://www.gimp.org/

Good luck, whichever route you choose. I'm very happy with GIMp for sure.

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

This is really awesome, Carol! I love the scene reflected in the deer and all the layering and pp in your design! I wish you good luck with the photo editing. You CAN figure it out, my friend! If you hit a snag, Google it. Chances are someone has posted about it or even made a video about it!! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, a gorgeous image.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous stamp-love the scene in the stags head-beautiful
Carol x

Mrs A. said...

I spotted this card whilst I wa commenting on the above card. Like Di says it looks great with the scene within the deer shape. Hugs Mrs A.

Wendy said...

Another beautiful Christmas card! I just seen this paper over at L&L last week and was going to grab some but I already have some in my stash. It goes nicely with your deer image. I have never seen that stamp before and I really love the scene within the deer silhouette! VERY cool card, Carol! :)