Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Gingerbread Cards


It's time to get serious about finishing Christmas cards, so I made several of this design to use up some leftover designer paper.

The image is a stamp from Sweet'n Sassy stamps that I colored with a marker, then die-cut into a stitched tag, layering with a larger tag of dsp. There is a tiny  red sticker in the hole on top, and a twine bow fills the hole in the larger tag. I added some sparkly white Nuvo drops for the "frosting" on the buttons, cheeks and limbs.

The side panels were done with a MFT border die and placed beneath a piece of gingerbread dsp I got at Tuesday Morning probably 3 years ago. The inside is stamped with "Have a Very Sweet Christmas."


For this version I used some SU! designer papers.


And here are the last of them using up some leftover designer paper pieces from a Christmas paper pad.

I'll enter the first card into the following challenges:

November Rudolph Days Challenge - anything Christmas goes


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day whatever you do! Wishing safe travels for those heading home for Thanksgiving tomorrow. 

Carol

17 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Brilliant use of the odds of paper. sentiment goes perfectly. Hugs Mrs A.

Wendy said...

I so love, love, love these Gingerbread cards, Carol! I have a deep love of Gingers which is evident when walking thru my house! These cards are perfect for Christmas and each one is different but special! I hope one lands in my mailbox in a few weeks! *hint hint* Thanks for sharing and may you have a blessed and happy Thanksgiving Day! Love & hugs!

Claire said...

Oh they look lovely, I like the gingerbread man theme running through the tag to the patterned paper and the pops of red. That is a perfect sentiment for the card, great job on making all four x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is just darling! I love a good gingerbread man stamp. I am sorry to say I don’t have any. For some reason I gave that set away!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So "sweet" Carol, love the image and background, also a lovely design.
I've posted all mine today, I can wash my hands of them whoopee LOL.
Faith x

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh that gingerbread is darling! I love the background pattern with the gingerbread as well in white! Nicely designed and good for you on getting another batch ready! :) I have a huge pile, but I started over the Summer! LOL!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This set is so sweet, love how you matched the gingerbread Dp with the leftovers of red patterned papers! The tag and the panel with border are a great idea for a lovely and quick design!
Hugs

Verna Angerhofer said...

These gingerbread man cards are so fun and festive! That sure is a cute gingerbread man.

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable tags, love anything with gingerbread man on it...x

Maria said...

Cute as can be with the ginger tag! Love the sweet ginger background, too!

cotnob said...

Super Christmas cards Carol, a cute gingerbread man.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Doreen said...

A gorgeous set of cards.xxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Carol,
Happy Rudolf Days.
What a super way to use up snippets of paper.
Love the cute Gingerbread person and you have coloured it wonderfully.
Great that you made more than one of them they all look brilliant.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Stampsnob. said...

Cutest littlee gingerbread man Made some good projects with him ........Lis

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I used lots of that fantastic paper this year...I adore it! The pop of red is always just perfect!

crafty-stamper said...

Great use of oddment and love the gingerbread men
Carol x

Helen said...

Great creation - thanks for sharing it with us at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge.

Helen x