Tuesday, September 17, 2019

It's Almost Fall!


With Fall just a few days away, I was in the mood to create some cards with an Autumn feel, so I dug deep into my stash and came up with my 3-step Autumn Squirrel Kitchen Sink Stamp set and a very old Debbie Mumm Harvest and Holiday paper pad. Since I had the squirrel image out, I decided to make 2 cards for the Twofer Critters Challenge #20 - use the same stamp for two different themed cards. One is a cheery wish for Autumn, while the other is a belated birthday card.

 


I used a Lawn Fawn die-cut tag to stamp the squirrel image here, and then I stamped the leaves in the background that came from the same Kitchen Sink Stamp set. Too many colors of ink were used to name them all but the squirrel and leaves were all done in 3-steps of color. Then of course after I stamped that beautiful background, I covered half of it up!? LOL I used a Darice Autumn leaves ef to make the vertical panel, adding a snippet of ribbon with some punched leaves. I once had a leaf punch that I gave away, but before parting with it, I punched a whole bunch of leaves with snippets of card stock, so I just dug out a few and glued them onto the ribbon. The tiny leaves and acorn on the tag were negatives from an EK Falling Leaves Edger punch, and the sentiment is from Sweet'n Sassy stamps.

Since I used older stamps on my card, I'm also entering it into the Retro Rubber RRCB119 challenge which is to use Fall Colors. Their only requirement is to use stamps more than a year old. These Kitchen Sink Stamps are dated 2008, so I've had them over ten years already!

RRCB 119


This KSS set has a couple great sentiments for making belated birthday cards, so I used them on the front, and then stamped happy belated birthday wishes inside. I used a piece of gold textured card stock for the base, and die-cut layers of the glittered Debbie Mumm papers with Gina Marie Designs dies, adding a Lil Inker stitched die cut for the sentiment. I stamped a few acorns from the stamp set and fussy cut them, adding them to the sentiment and bottom of the card. The tiny acorns on the image panel were negatives from the EK Falling Leaves Edger punch.

Thanks for stopping by and it really feels like a perfect Autumn day today where I live, so I'll wish you all a very happy Autumn!

Carol

20 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Two perfect squirrel cards. Love the use of the second card. These will set Darnell off chuckling. Hugs Mrs A.

*Vicki* said...

That squirrel image is fabulous and very realistic as I see them EVERYWHERE around my house! :) The papers with the Fall theme and colors are fantastic with them and I love the two variations of designs!! TFS!! HUGS

jimlynn said...

They're both adorable!! You did great on that squirrel too. I have such a hard time lining up the KS stamps like that. Both designs are wonderful! LOVE!
Lynn

Claire said...

HaHa... Oh nuts, I love that it totally appeals to my humour. Two perfect cards to celebrate the start of such a colourful season, the squirrel is super sweet together with the addition of the leaves x

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love those squirrel cards you made.

Stampsnob. said...

Great cards That is a darling little squirrel .. Lis

cotnob said...

Cute cards Carol, sweet squirrels and lovely Autumn colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Wendy said...

Love, love, love!! Carol, you did beautifully creating these! The same stamps but both with a different look! Love the Fall feel and the colors! That squirrel looks so real! A job well done, my friend! Enjoy this nice weather! Doesn't get much better than sunny & 70's! :)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Look at you go! These are amazing! I think you kept this stamp in hiding. The cards are just gorgeous.

Brenda in IN said...

What fun cards for twofer! I love that image and both cards are so pretty. That "Oh, nuts" is the cutest sentiment.

Leslie Miller said...

Kitchen Sink has the most realistic layering stamps! These are two fabulous fall cards! Beautiful colors and designs. Really love the leaves background and embossing on the first card, too. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Twofer!

Cat Craig said...

What beautiful autumn tones you've chosen on your fall card. The leaves make a great embellishment to your critter tag. Your belated birthday had a fun pun, and is sure to bring a smile. Thank for joining in at Twofer Card Challenge 20.

Darnell said...

Geez, Carol, weren't we just making cards with Easter bunnies???? Actually, this is my favorite season; I just wish it lasted months instead of weeks! And, as you know, I love those little impish squirrel critters, so these cards really make me smile! I love your use of the leaves and ribbon on your Fall card and the great triple pp with the postage stamp edging on your belated birthday card!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #20! Hugs, Darnell

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous critter here, lovely cards and embossing folder used along with the gorgeous papers.

creative lady said...

Cute fall cards. The squirrel image is cute. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Claire Grantham said...

I can't believe that Squirrel is a stamp!! Wonderful and where I live I am surrounded by Squirrels. Thanks for playing with us at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

crafty-stamper said...

Two gorgeous Autumn cards love the squirrel -beautiful Autumn leaves on the first and great fun sentiment on the 2nd
Carol x

LeAnne said...

Carol, these are amazing! These little guys look so REAL!! Perfect with our fall colors, too! Thanks for playing with the Retro Rubber challenge!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love squirrels and these are so cute and realistic!! Two fabulous autumnal cards, love especially the first one, so bright and sweet with the orange and white!! The ribbon and the embossed stripe look fabulous together and love the stamped leaves on the background! The cute punched leaves are a perfect addiction. :) I have a box full of these leaves, it's time to put out them! LOL :D
The second card has a more masculine feel in my mind. Love the neutral colours and the postage stamp layers!
Hugs!

JD/ Jill said...

Cute cards, Carol. You know how special Squirrel cards to me...I need to make one today too.