Thursday, July 11, 2019

A Milestone Birthday Card


A sweet blogging friend recently celebrated a milestone birthday and this is the card I made for her. I stamped the retired SU! doily with spun sugar distress ink on a white base, then added a SNSS birthday sentiment. The rose die is from GMD, done with plain white and rose-colored glitter paper, swapping the negatives for a different look. I fussy cut the leaves after folding snippets of green and running them through the paper crimper. The numbers were die-cut with I. O. dies and the butterflies were cut with an old retired Sizzlet by SU!.

I'm entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is to "add a number."

As well as the Snippets Playground #356 which is to always use snippets

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day!

Carol

16 comments:

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Carol, such a gorgeous rose and lovely background.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mrs A. said...

Very pretty. The colour combination is lovely. Hugs Mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and dies love the sparkle and a Happy Birthday to your friend
Carol x

Stampsnob. said...

ENABLER I have Distress Inks never heard or Spun Sugar Have to go shopping after seeing this stellar card.....Lis

Ina G said...

Wow Carol this is truly beautiful. Love the soft doily in the background and that rose coloured glittery flower looks sensational. I bet your friend loved it!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So gorgeous with all the glitter. I love the rose die.

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous ,love this rose die as well, now when I turn 75 a card like this would just delight me..

Wendy said...

Wow, this is so pretty, Carol! Gotta love the glitter paper you used and the Doily stamp! I loved that stamp and think I might just have to break it out! I also love how you create the leaves! The crimping adds so much texture! I'm sure your friend loved this! TFS

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So pretty, love the die and those leaves, with the subtle background.
Faith x

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful birthday card, Carol. Love the glimmer and bg stamping. lovely work. Hugz

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

That doily stamp sure made a great background. The glittery flower is superb. Hope you have a nice, dry day.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card for the milestone of your friend! LOVE your leaves made with the paper crimper :D The delicate stencil of the doily is a perfect background for the sparkling rose!!
Hugs!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The softly stamped doily in the background makes such a big difference. Great job, love the glittery goodness!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty! I like your design, and that lovely flower!

Claire said...

I'm sorry Carol, I must have missed this post but I'm here now :) The soft doily makes for a pretty and subtle backdrop for the sparkly bloom and you know I'm a huge fan of your crimped leaves, they make me smile x

Di said...

Asolutely gorgeous card Carol! Such wonderful use of snippets and I adore the crimped leaves.

Hugs

Di xx