Thursday, May 9, 2019

For You



I guess I'm in the mood for some fresh flowers, because Mother's Day is this Sunday and all the cards I've been making lately have flowers on them. I used a flower die from the Simon Says Stamp Bella Bloom set to create the flowers, along with a Cherry Lynn flourish die to make the stem, and a Gina Marie Designs stitched oval die for the main panel. I colored the flower petals with a soft Copic to match the designer paper. (It was a snippet, so I'm not sure who the manufacturer is) The centers were done with a retired SU! mini punch from the matching dsp and shaped and popped up on foam bits. I dotted the centers with tiny drops of black Nuvo. The flourish was cut from Lemon Lime Twist card stock, and toned down just a bit with 2 Copic markers. I added a little butterfly accent done with a Gina Marie Designs butterfly die, adding 2 orange gemstones and lots of clear Wink of Stella sparkle on the wings. The sentiment was done with an old Northwoods wooden stamp I've had for ages. I'm not sure if I'll need this card for Mother's day or a Birthday just yet, but I'll finish the inside with the appropriate message when I use it.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

celebrate women in our lives with at least 3 layers






I used the vertical column on the right - gems, faux stitching, and die-cuts

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Carol


22 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So Beautiful Carol, love the die, the butterfly and your paper.
Faith x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card Carol and love all the dies
Carol x

Stampsnob. said...

That is very pretty The little butterfly almost escaped …………..Lis

Claire said...

Your card is so pretty with a fresh feeling. Love the colour combination and the way you've arranged the flowers around the oval x

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a gorgeous card. I loved the flowers.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I really like the style of those flowers! So pretty over the flourish die cut. A great overall card. Thanks for sharing with us at JFF’s May challenge!

aussie aNNie said...

Sweet card and so gorgeous design. Thanks for your sweet comment and taking the opportunity to use DIL computer to say Hello...hugs..
[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

So pretty! Although we paid a fortune for those flourish dies, back in the day.... We have used them more then any other die. They always make such a pretty statement! Nice work.

Darlene said...

Oh Carol I just LOVE this card! The colors, the design ... so so pretty! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Flowers’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

*Vicki* said...

Wow Carol! Your flowers are so pretty and delicate looking! Love the intertwining vine and the popped up butterfly too! Beautiful creation! HUGS

jimlynn said...

Carol, this is absolutely stunning! WOW!!! Just beautiful.
Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Lynn

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful, Carol! I love the color, the paper, the flowers and everything about this card! I'm so in the mood for flowers and this one just makes me smile! A job well done, my friend! :)

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh my, how impressive and sweet is this card! Amazing design and colours! Just LOVE those flowers with the swirl and butterfly!! Your way to do the centre (with a pencil, isn't it?) it's really effective and gives them a lot of dimension. The dp is a perfect match!!

Cheriese said...

this is wonderful!! love the gorgeous yellow!

https://thesongthatsummersings.blogspot.com/

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card, Carol! I still don't know what we are doing for Mother's day. It's also my granddaughter's birthday. So I guess it depends on what she wants to do on Mother's day!

April said...

Your card is lovely! I love the layout. Thanks for sharing at Just For Fun Stamps. Good luck in the draw!

Heather said...

Beautiful!! Love those fabulous flowers and the fresh color scheme!

Birgit said...

What a lovely card! I love the CAS style and those sweet little flowers. Thanks so much for joining the DRU "Flowers" challenge. Best of luck to you!

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful card -- I love those pretty flowers! Thanks for linking up to The House That Stamps Built!

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Carol! I love those flowers, so soft and pretty. I love the way you always use a flourish, I never seem to know how to use them, but always love them. Need to take lessons from you! This card is just stunning my friend. Hugs, Brenda

Lisa D said...

Gorgeous layers and dimension. Love all the little details you added. Thank you for joining us at Just for Fun stamps.

Chana Malkah said...

Fabulous use of dies and nice layering! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, DT