Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Falling Hearts


Today I have 2 valentines made with a Nellie Snellen 2-hearts Filling Die. I die cut the hearts from a piece of lipstick red card stock, then die cut one from white, inlaying the white hearts outline into the card front. I took the pieces from inside the heart and embossed them with a Sizzix Curlique & Hearts embossing folder and inlaid them into the white negative heart outline. I die-cut the Lil Inker stitched sentiment panel from white and stamped it with a retired SU! sentiment. With alternating the colors, I had enough to make a 2nd card...


 and here is that version. Made the same as the first, only I used a SU! falling petals embossing folder to create the pattern in the white hearts.

I'm entering into these challenges:



Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a fun and fabulous Tuesday!

Carol

20 comments:

LeAnne said...

What a great idea...love the hearts full of hearts! Enjoy your day!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

So pretty! As my boss would say "Inter-Twangled hearts. LOL! Love both cards.

cotnob said...

Super cards Carol, fabulous red and white designs.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Quintessential Valentines! Very nice, and I love the Happy Heart Day sentiment. Someone should come out with that one again.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

What a great idea!

Wendy said...

Both are just so pretty, Carol! Love how you were able to create 2 cards with the different pieces! The white one is sitting on my tv stand where I get to admire it everyday! Thank you for thinking of us on Valentines Day! Your so sweet! Hugs~

Liz said...

Super cards, Carol. They look so different by changing the colours in your design. xx

Swissie said...

Just wonderful, Carol! I love this die. Have also used it sometimes. Think I have to use it more!
Hugs, Liv

Claire said...

These are pretty and full of lovely hearts, I thought I'd prefer the red one, red being my favourite colour but the white is just a little different and now I can't decide after 5 minutes trying to make up my mind. Both are just darling x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are just wonderful Carol, I'm a big fan of those insert embossed hearts.
Faith

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are both so wonderful. I love the CAS design and in it's simplicity it is so elegant looking.

Stampsnob. said...

Loving the added texture in the hearts . Good job...……...Lis

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS cards love the embossed hearts
carol x

*Vicki* said...

These are both so pretty and a fabulous idea to get the two designs from the die! Love those textured hearts inside the hearts! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

aussie aNNie said...

Just love the hearts in the hearts, gorgeous.x

JD/ Jill said...

Great valentine cards and I hope your Valentine's day is very special!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

You are always so clever in your designs!! Great choice about embossing the hearts inlay with tiny hearts!!! Two amazing CAS cards!!

Brenda said...

I am so loving this heart die Carol and I love your cards! Very cool to think to embossed the pieces like that, love it! Hugs, Brenda

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love the two cards with one die cut- fabulous! Very clever design to join them together! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for the Falling Hearts challenge!

Sarah said...

Very pretty! Love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!