Saturday, December 8, 2018

Washi and Mirror Card


I have so much mirror card and washi tape in my stash it's just ridiculous, so I set out to use as much of it as possible. I made this quick and simple CAS card using PTI white and SU! Gorgeous Grape card stock. I used a Lawn Fawn stitched snowflake die to cut the purple mirror and SU! sparkly silver, then swapped the purple negatives of the snowflake tips with the silver sparkle card. I added a silver sticker to the center. The grape panel was die-cut with a MFT horizontal stitched border die and covered with a piece of (retired) SU! washi tape. For the Sunny Studio die-cut sentiment, I covered a strip of PTI white with 2 strips of the washi tape side-by-side, then die-cut it and adhered it to the front.


In this photo you can see the design on the washi tape.


and here's a close-up so you can see the sparkly detail even better.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:


Jingle Belles challenge - relaxing after 8th December of finished Christmas cards

CHNC 415 - Christmas - a/g; optional use gems or pearls

That's going to do it for me today, but thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Unrelated to cards, about an hour ago, some brownish-tan snowflakes began falling! I've never seen snow that color before, but it continued falling for about 15 minutes. Has anyone else ever experienced this before? Just curious...


Carol

14 comments:

cotnob said...

A lovely card Carol, a great way to use your mirror card and washi tape - a super CAS design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I wonder if you made this early this morning when it was really frosty and cold outside. The purple and silver reminds me of really cold weather. Great job using your stash!

Claire said...

Great colours to pick with the snowflake, gives it a real chilly feel. I like your sparkly inlaid pieces. Oh I'd settle for any kind of coloured snowflakes, love the snow but all we've got is rain and more rain and more forecast :( x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous and a wonderful design. Love all the silver on it.

Janice M said...

Such a pretty card! Love the color and sparkle, specially that washi tape. Hummm dirty snow?? Maybe the clouds are even muddy with all the rain we've had this year and needed cleaned?! Ha Ha Ha

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card great way to use oddments and use of washi tape--never seen brown snowflakes before but after all this rain it could have been rust!!!
Carol x

jimlynn said...

That's a strange color for snowflakes! Maybe they had sand in them from Arizona or something. Strange!

Love your card and the snowflake on it looks so much better than a tan one! LOL! LOVE the shine!!!
Lynn

aussie aNNie said...

This is awesome. Love the snowflake and of course washi tape is always in our stash, to be used at some stage. x

Wendy said...

Super cute card, Carol! Gotta say I've never seen tan-brown snowflakes before but it was really cold out Saturday morning! Doesn't it seem like every year there is another strange event that happens? Global Warming, maybe? Love your purple & silver snowflake card especially that Washi Tape! I don't buy it anymore because I always forget to use it. This particular one with the stars on is so pretty and just perfect for a holiday card! And I love that purple foil paper snowflake! Absolutely gorgeous! Keep them coming! TFS and hope your having a nice weekend! Hugs~

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your design is just brilliant and a great way yo use scraps of mirry carstock and washi tapes! Thanks so much for the inspiration, I have to CASEing your idea because I have a lot of them too!! :D Love the unusual purple colour and the gorgeous snowflake!
Brown snow??? Oh my... :O I have never seen it, but don't think it's a good thing :(

Darnell said...

Good job using up your products to make QACAS cards, Carol! Very efficient and you've made a beautiful schparkly design! Geez, that would freak me out if I saw snow that color! I just wrote about how pure and white fresh snow is and now you see it brown??? That's just not right! Let us know if they have an explanation on the local news about it. I've been thinking of you and hope you are feeling better! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Nothing like a pop of purple to make a fantastic card! omgoodness, that foil is stunning! Ummm, nope on the snowflakes!

Deb said...

Stunning card, so elegant! I love that purple snowflake, the mirror card is so perfect for that die! VEry odd about the tan snow, never heard of that before!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

*Vicki* said...

Wow I think these turned out so gorgeous!! Really love your use of the washi tape with the purple panel strips and the snowflake is a gorgeous focal for it!! Beautifully done and thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)