Friday, December 14, 2018

Cool Christmas


I made this card for one of my granddaughters this year. Her favorite color is purple (like me) so I made this in gorgeous grape and white. The penguin and sentiment were both done with a Stampendous stamp/die set, and I embellished the sweater and hat first with some liquid applique, then added some MS tinsel glitter after it dried. The background was embossed with a SU! Snowburst ef, while the snowflake was done with a Lawn Fawn set of stitched snowflake dies, dotted in the center with a Geo Sparkler sticker. The dsp is gorgeous grape by SU! and I added 2 strips of sparkly washi tape on one side, while the sentiment was cut with a ticket punch I've had for ages.  I added a snowy hill behind the penguin that was done with a Lawn Fawn stitched hillside die, then embossed it with a SU! softly fallen ef. I added a few more tiny Geo Sparkler stickers to the sentiment panel just for fun.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:


Cute Card Thursday Challenge #560 - embossing

Thanks for stopping by today in this busy time of year. I hope all of your plans are nicely falling into place :)

Carol

18 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, such a cute penguin - I'm sure your granddaughter will love it.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Ina G said...

Totally COOL card Carol. perfect in purple - my favourite also. Love it.

Wendy said...

OMGosh, how cute is this penguin! Carol, your granddaughter is going to love him especially with that purple sweater and purple all around him! I love the Snow Burst EF and cool sentiment! This is a really fun & festive card to make someone's holiday special! TFS and I hope your doing well! Hugs~

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such a cute penguin and all dressed up for winter. This card will be so loved. It is a great design.

Claire said...

Oh my how he looks cosy warm in his jumper, what a lovely card for your granddaughter especially in her favourite colour. I think its definitely a winner and the sentiment is spot on :) x

aussie aNNie said...

Yep love purple too....love this most cute card and the gorgeous penguin. EF is lovely.x[aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

*Vicki* said...

DAH!! I just ADORE this sweet penguin so much and YES....I love purple too which is another reason I adore this card! :) The dimension and texture and the sparkle on this penguin are fantastic! Thanks for sharing this beauty with us over at Cute Card Thursday this week my friend! HUGS

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

What a cute penguin! Your DGD will love it! I can just see that critter sliding down an icy slope!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh how cute! I love his purple sweater and matching hat. The glittery snow is so pretty and what a great embossing folder. Pretty snowflake added too.

jimlynn said...

I love all the embossing on this Carol and that snowman is the coolest and sweetest ever! Darling card.
Lynn

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How sweet and fun card with the grape&white combo and that cute penguin!! The embossed panel looks gorgeous! Love the grape stripe with the snowflake and the glittered washi tape! Great design full of lovely details!
Hugs!

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

I hope everything goes well to you in this year.
As you know, Christmas is comming soon, you’ve already decorated for Christimas, right ? I also love Christmas.
This year I’m going to put small a tree for Christmas in my room.

Deb said...

Super cute card!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

CdeBaca Crafts Gallery said...

Oh my goodness that little penguin is so adorable! Awesome card for this holiday season! Hope you and your family have wonderful holiday!

Mrs A. said...

What a darling penguin. He looks so cuddly and warm in his thick jumper. Hugs Mrs A.

Janice M said...

OMGosh Carol this is absolutely ADORABLE!! Your granddaughter will LOVE it. looks great in purple too!

JD/ Jill said...

This card is just adorable! I know she'll love it!

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card Carol love the cute penguin and all the fabulous texture
Carol x