Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Cool Yule


I've been working through my snippet box trying to use up the papers I've accumulated through the years, and this card is made up entirely of them. The penguin stamp & die set is by Stampendous, and I paper pieced his sweater and hat with some retired SU! dsp and green cardstock, adding liquid applique to the ball on his cap. I embossed the polka dot snippet of dsp with a SU! softly fallen ef to add a little snow. The sentiment is from MFT and was heat-embossed with white on a Lil Inker stitched die-cut banner. The Cherry Cobbler stitched snowflakes are from Lawn Fawn and I dotted the centers with gemstones for a little sparkle.

I'm going to enter this into the Alphabet Challenge blog - P is for Penguins

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday!

Carol

13 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh my, as I opened your blog this morning it just brought the biggest smile after seeing this adorable penguin! So sweet! Love your mix of papers and that sentiment is perfect! Love this, Carol! TFS and enjoy the sunshine today! :)

*Vicki* said...

Well I certainly love the papers you've dug from your snippet box!! That paper pieced penguin guy is super cute!! Love the wonderful sentiment with him as well! HUGS :)

crafty-stamper said...

LOve the cute paper pieced penguin in his Winter jumper-I think my snippet box is a breeding box!!!
Carol x

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a cute penguin and I love the way you dressed him up in that sweater and cap. Great piecing.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Well done with your snippets, Carol! This penguin is so cute and looks adorable with your paper piecing!! Love also the embossed dsp, it's fabulous on the dots, gives it a beautiful shaded effect!
Hugs!

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable penguin Carol what a fabulous paper piecing you have achieved, so perfectly in place. Loving this ♥aNNie

Janice M said...

What a cute little penguin! Love that you paper pieced him you are the queen of snippets for sure. Love those stitched snowflakes too with the added bling.

Mrs A. said...

I just love his snazzy jumper. He is the best cool dude . Hugs Mrs A.

meg said...

Adorable paper pieced penguin,teamed with beautiful Christmas papers, thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really cute and I love the penguin. Good job using only scraps! I love that color of green!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really cute and I love the penguin. Good job using only scraps! I love that color of green!

cotnob said...

Such a sweet card Carol, an adorable penguin.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Such a cutie! Love the paper piecing.