Wednesday, October 17, 2018

13th Birthday Card



One of my granddaughters will be turning 13 very soon, and her favorite color is purple, so I made her birthday card today. I saw this "Thinking of You" card on Darnell's blog and have wanted to CASE it ever since I saw it, so this is my layered up version :) I only used 3 of the MFT stitched panels and interchanged them with SU! Gorgeous Grape dsp pieces after cutting. I die-cut the 13 with I.O. dies and layered it with white and lavender die-cut circles and then used a Gina Marie Designs birthday wishes die cut set for the sentiment. The little cupcakes were done with a Martha Stewart punch, some purple mirror card, a scor-board, and a Sizzix/Hero Arts Chevrons & Flourishes ef. What is a cupcake without swirled icing, right? I also added WOS to the frosting on the cupcakes along with a lavender gemstone to the top of each one. I also dotted the "i's" in the sentiment, and placed a few more randomly around the card. The final touch was to add some itty bitty star sequins here and there to add just a tad bit more sparkle.

I'm sharing this with the Double D Challenges which is stripes and dots


Also sharing with the Seize the Birthday challenge which is anything goes.

Thanks for checking in today and I hope your Wednesday is a good one!

Carol

18 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow what a really fun birthday design! I love the stripes and dotted patterns on your esign and those textured cupcakes look yummy too! :) HUGS

Kathy Krug said...

Great take on the challenge. Your different dot and striped panels are the perfect background for the cute cupcakes. The personalized touch will make it special for her. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will link up with us for future challenges.
Kathy
DD DT

Wendy said...

Such a cute card and in one of my new favorite colors, Gorgeous Grape! I love your stitched panels and how you created the cupcake. Your DGD is sure to love this especially since it is one of her favorite colors, too! Love the design, Carol! TFS and enjoy this sunny Fall day! Hugs~

Claire said...

Super card for your granddaughter, those little cupcakes look good enough to eat. The sequins are a fun finishing touch and I hope your granddaughter has a wonderful birthday and enjoys her first steps of being a teenager :) x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card and I love the swirls for the frosting.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such fabulous design with the dots&stripes and the lovely purple!! Your granddaughters surely will love this card for her Birthday!! Those cupcakes seem so yummy with the emboss and the frosting! :D LOL
Hugs

Darlene said...

This is FABULOUS Carol ... she's going to love it! I know I do and purple is MY favorite color too! lol Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Stripes & Dots’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

aussie aNNie said...

This looks pretty awesome and love what you have made for our "SPOTS & STRIPES" Challenge. Your card is fabulous and love the super design and colours. Thanks for joining in and good luck in the draw. ♥ DOUBLE D ♥
 [aNNie DT member for Double D Challenges]

scrappymo! said...

This is a great design, Carol. Love the way your colours match in the rectangles and yet the patterns differ..looks so nice. Great card!

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card, love the cupcakes and the whole concept...beautifully created.x

Jeanne H said...

What a wonderful card. A teenager! All of my GD's are teens but it is hard to make a masculine/teen card.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! YES! a real new teen card, she will LOVE it. The colour combo is Super so are the elements, paper and design.
Faith
x

crafty-stamper said...

Great card for a 13yrs old love the B.papers and all the cupcakes
Carol x

Diane said...

Super cute and fun card and those cupcakes look yummy!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, great colours - perfect for a young lady.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Can I lick the icing? I am drooling... LOL. Great card, Carol. She will adore it.

stampwithsandy said...

What a fun card, Carol! I love the mix of patterns, the yummy cupcakes, and your sprinkling of stars. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Such a gorgeous design. I love the different stripes and dots patterns with lovely embossed cupcakes. Thanks for joining us at Double "D" Challenges.
Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)