Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Words to Live By



I found this little stamp at a local stamp store and had to have it, because this is how I live my life - one day at a time. I thought it would make some encouraging cards, so I paired it with a water colored background I made a long time ago. I used distress inks and randomly sponged them in colors of blue, pink, yellow and green and then it was so busy with color I had no clue what to do with it, so it sat in my box of unfinished projects. LOL Recently I pulled it out and embossed it with a Cuttlebug Victoria ef and decided to color in all those embossed portions with a gold paint pen. Whew, that was a tedious task, but I like how it softened the colors of the inked background. I added a powder pink Cheery Lynn large flourish die-cut, and added a MB butterfly that was cut with vanilla and foiled gold and popped that up on dimensionals. I matted the gold heat-embossed sentiment with foiled gold cardstock, and rounded 2 corners for a softer look and called this one done.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

The Butterfly Challenge #106 where the letter this week is "E"


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Stamp On It (sentiment)

Shopping our Stash #370 - Crazy for Coloring (I colored with a gold paint pen)

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day whatever you do. We have 2 more days to endure of this sweltering heat wave and then hopefully cooler temps will be the norm for a while. It's too hot to do anything outside for me!

Carol

17 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

The background is gorgeous and good for you with all that intricate work with the paint pen. The butterfly and flourish are 2 dies you can never go wrong with. Lovely sentiment, also. Keep cool.

Doreen said...

Beautiful,such a lovely design.xxx

*Vicki* said...

Your background with your inks looks quite amazing Carol! Love the beautiful dimensional design and it especially looks gorgoeus with that butterfly! Very elegant and I really like that sentiment as well! It is a very hard thing for me to just think one day at time and it's something I need reminded of for sure! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Beautiful card! I really like the idea to add the gold to the colorful background. It does tie everything together. The butterfly goes well with the embossing pattern too.

Swissie said...

So beautiful, Carol!
Hugs, Liv in Switzerland

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the background and the pretty colors. The butterfly looks very pretty atop the leafy flourish.

Mrs A. said...

I love the beautiful muted colours of your background. You did indeed have patience to emboss the pattern. It looks fab. Love the butterfly inlaid like that too. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Carol, I love how the embossing and the gold paint pen made this background look. I love the flourish (I think I have this one) and the butterfly-they both finish the card off perfectly. The sentiment is one I have learn to live by too since Dwayne's passing. I take it one day at a time. Hugs, Brenda

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a wonderful sentiment and I love the gorgeous card you made to showcase it so well. That card is beautiful!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous background, it looks great with those embossed foliages on the colourful panel! You made a great work with the gold pen! The lovely butterfly and the sentiment finish so well your card!
Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous soft background colours, love that stunning die, and your butterfly I don't think I could resist it either...can't have too many butterflies or flowers.

Wendy said...

This is really a beautiful card, Carol! I'm sure it was just a tedious to redo the colorful piece and then build your butterfly but you did a lovely job with it! Whom ever receives this needs to frame it! Love the soft pops of colors and the different embossing you did. Beautiful! TFS

Janice M said...

What a pretty card! Love the touches of gold. I think a background like that would look cute embossed with a quilt folder and used as a baby card too?!

MaryH said...

We should all take that advice...one day at a time. Some days are diamonds, some days are stones (isn't that a John Denver song?!) This is beautiful, and I'm glad you used your UFO background. The embossed effect over the DI colors enhanced them so pretty, and using the gel pen really was an inspired touch. Love the gold & white inlay on your butterfly over the leaf flourish. All in all, just a gorgeous card. And I like the sentiment very much. TFS & Hugs

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

Your card is so beautiful! Love all the wonderful texture! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

Donna said...

Gorgeous, love the dies, the soft pretty colours and the butterfly!
Thanks for colouring with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!

Mimi said...

Oh my... This is so soft and pretty! Love the elegant pattern in the back. The design of this card is both beautiful and whimsical... could be used for multiple occasions with the proper sentiment. Terrific card! Thanks for sharing at SOS last week.