Wednesday, August 31, 2016

for Crusoe


Crusoe the celebrity dachshund has been an internet rage for quite some time, and I love all the videos and antics he gets himself into. He recently had back surgery, so I thought I'd send him (and his family) a card just for fun while he's recovering. You can read all about him here.

I started off with some pool party cardstock, adding a Tim Holtz crazy dog with a big stick in his mouth - because Crusoe loves to pick up sticks. I used the MB woodland branch to make the stick and tucked it into his mouth after making an extra cut. The fence and grass were both done with SNSS dies, and the sentiment is from Inky Antics, die cut with a SU! framelit. I added a dog-bone brad from my stash, along with a die-cut tiny sun.

I'm sharing this at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is "anything goes" this week.

Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a great Wednesday too!

Carol

11 comments:

Virginia L. said...

CUTE!! Your coloring on the Crazy Dog is superb! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

Donna Hanley said...

Quite the cutie here with his little ball and stick. Poor Crusoe, this card will help him to cheer up for sure. Just darling.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, such a super image and great scene.
Pauline
x
My Personal Blog: Crafting with Cotnob

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, this is so fun and cute!!! Fab little scene!! Surely Crusoe will smile seeing it!! :D You have been so kind making for him this adorable card! Love your colouring on the dog!!! And such a adorable sentiment with that bone! :D
Well done, my friend!!! You always rock!!

Wendy said...

How stinkin cute, Carol! Love this adorable doggie card and I know Crusoe & his family will appreciate this so much!! Best Wishes to Crusoe! TFS and hope you had a great day!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really cute, love the coloring and the fun stick in the dog's mouth! Clever!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Crusoe is wonderful to wake up to each day, and I sure hope he mends quickly. He will love your fun card! I love the way the fence is tucked into the grass. Isn't it fun watching him open mail in his videos?

Stampsnob. said...

Goofy dog so cute Love the sentiment .....Lis

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Thank you, Carol, now that I've seen Caruso in his walking sling compared to Borat in his bathing suit, I'm never going to be the same! This is a very sweet card. I love that look on the doggie's face, sort like he isn't quite sure what to do with such a big strick treasure.

Barb said...

This is such a cute card. I love the dog's face. He looks as if he's not sure whether to hold onto the stick or drop it and pick up the ball. A great fun card that will give the recipient a smile I'm sure. Barbxx

*Vicki* said...

EEEK!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it Carol!! :) I am a Crusoe the Celebrity dachshund follower myself and how fun to send him a recovery card! I saw that and really should do it too!! This will be such a treat for him...you are very thoughtful my friend!! HUGS