Thursday, March 17, 2016

Best Friends


I made another card with the SSS Stylish Simon image and sentiment similar to this one I posted back in February. I used a SB diagonal chevron die to create the background, exchanging the negative strips in red, white, and black. I paper pieced Simon's red scarf after coloring him with Copics, and cut the image panel with a stitched circle die. The final touch was to add some assorted sizes of stars to the stitched sentiment panel.

I'm sharing this one over at the Simon Says Wednesday challenge which is "Cute and Cuddly." They're featuring the Simon Says Stamp brand so I pulled out my "Stylish Simon" stamps and had fun. I just want to give this cute dog a hug every time I see him!

Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day!

Carol

10 comments:

Barb said...

I love this little guy Carol and I really like your card. Barbxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Stunning card, Carol! Love your design, the colours, and the cute Simon's doggie, with his face he make me smile!! The decoupaged red scarf pop out very well and think that this style is just perfect for a man or a boy, too, with these little star and the sentiment on the banner! Very classy and impressive!

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, such a striking design.
Pauline
x

Brenda said...

Love this card Carol! It give a nice masculine feel, Simon is just too cute and I think I'm in love with this diagonal chevron die. Hugs, Brenda

aussie aNNie said...

Charming image and a beautiful creation...gorgeous colours chosen...
Enjoy the weekend. {aNNie}

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Cute pooch, my friend! Love the crisp colors!

Donna Hanley said...

Great card with is darling "baby". Love the Black Red and White and the different stripes and chevrons. Have a good weekend. Hope the snow misses you.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is way cool. I like the stylist red, white, and black, and you can't get more cuddly than the cute Simon Says doggie.

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card, Carol! Hope you are having a great weekend!

jimlynn said...

I'd give him a hug too!!! So fun and cute. Love the color combination.
Lynn