Sunday, September 20, 2015

Ahoy Matey!


The Words2ScrapBy #21 challenge is "Ahoy Matey" or in other words, use an image inspired by a pirate or a pirate expression. I didn't think I had an image I could use for this challenge, but while looking through my stamps, I found this image from a SU! valentine stamp set, so I masked off the sentiment and just used the image. I added some SU! map paper, along with some Graphic 45 tropical papers to put this together. I added a few colorful pearls and gemstones to the treasure chest just to keep it real. (click to enlarge for details) I haven't added a sentiment yet, but I'll add one later when I have the occasion to use this card.

Thanks for stopping by, and stay tuned because I may have a 2nd post later today.

Carol

13 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

arrrrh me hardy....this is one awesome creation.xx
{The Journey Is The Start  aNNie  my personal blog}

Donna Hanley said...

I didn't even remember that SU! image, but it is darling. I saw your little gems which really add to your card,. Love that larger panel of paper as well as the two smaller panels. Have a wonderful day.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! This treasure has really a fab sparkling!! :D
Love this card, the pirate with his parrot is very fun and the natural twine is just perfect!

BobbisTreasure said...

I love how you used the map paper for the background - perfect for your image!

StampTramps said...

Shiver me timbers, I didn't know it was Talk Like A Pirate Day until it was over! Blast!

cotnob said...

A super card Carol, such a fun image - perfect for a youngster.
Pauline
x

jimlynn said...

So cute! I've never seen that image before and he's adorable. Love the gems in that treasure chest!
Lynn

Liz said...

Cute image and I love the map background. Great design. xx

MaryH said...

You always manage to have 'just the right' images & papers. And put them together so well to make a delightful card. Love that you've got the patterns, colors and the rustic twine to make this little pirate a standout! The map dp was just perfect. Well done, Happy Sunday.

Sybrina K said...

Carol, This is adorable! Love your little pirate and the background map paper. So glad you looked through your stash to find this SU image... and so glad you joined us at Words 2 Scrap By. :)

JD/ Jill said...

Really cute card... and you sure nailed this challenge!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I think it was Talk Like a Pirate Day just recently. He is a cutie. I'll bet he wouldn't make me walk the plank! Great idea for the map paper background.

Stampsnob. said...

Arrrrrrrrrrrh I am behind this is a really cute card......Lis