Monday, May 18, 2015

Deedee's Digi of the Month for May


Today I'm sharing a card made with Deedee's Digis featured digi for May called Dad's Day off. There are several versions of this digi set available to choose from, which makes it ideal to create any card for your masculine needs. The May progressive challenge will be wrapping up soon, so if you didn't play along last month to get this free digital image, you can snag it for a reduced price for a little bit longer. Check out all the details here.

I pulled a snippet of plaid dsp from my stash for the background, and die cut the digital images with a top note die. For the final touch, I added some random twill ribbon and matching brads. This was quick and easy to make, and perfect for Father's day, or a dad's birthday card!

Thanks for stopping by today, and I wish you a perfect day!

Carol

14 comments:

jimlynn said...

I'm lovin' that wonderful plaid in the background! The image is, of course, so cute too. Great card for any guy!
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Love that plaid paper and those brads and that ribbon as much as the darling image. Have a fun day.

cotnob said...

A brilliant card Carol, such a great image and perfect papers.
Pauline
x

Jenny L said...

Hi Carol,
oh this is wonderful.
I love that digi image, and it looks so perfect.
Wonderful plaid paper too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This is really a perfect card for a Dad! The image is just fun! Love the plaid paper, with these beautiful colours, and the stiched top note frame!

Brenda said...

What a fabulous card Carol! I am so loving the image you have used, great for all those masculine cards we all need. That plaid paper is amazing, so love it. You have a wonderful week Carol!! Hugs, Brenda

Liz said...

A perfect masculine card! What a fun image and sentiment. Love the patterned paper too. xx

nwilliams6 said...

How fun is this image! What a great card. Hugz

aussie aNNie said...

I asked my dog tonight to fetch 'dad's empty dinner plate', she just ignored me so where can I get a dog like this cutie Carol...gorgeous..xx
{aNNie My Personal Blog}

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I always love a plaid background, and this digi sits right on top, perfectly!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

That plaid background really makes the image pop. Fun card!

Stampsnob. said...

Perfect for dad ..............Lis

Susan (rainy) said...

Definitely a perfect card for his special day. And what a fun image... love the plaid background, too.

JD/ Jill said...

Very nicely done!