Saturday, September 6, 2014

Mod Squad Holiday Card Challenge


Here's my card for this week's Mod Squad challenge - to make a holiday card using vellum & acetate. The snow-swirled tree image was heat embossed with white ep on a piece of pink vellum, and matted with a piece of cranberry card stock. I attached the vellum panel with red and wine colored mini brads, and then added some punched acetate snowflakes attached with white and silver mini brads. The background paper was generously shared with me by a sweet friend, and I loved the non-traditional colors and little Christmas trees in the background, so this card was built around the dsp. I added a piece of snowflake-embossed vanilla card stock with a piece of sheer cranberry ribbon, and some vanilla satin ribbon tied into a knot. The sentiment panel was done with cranberry ink on vanilla, and the ends were done with a mosaic punch.

I may have another card to post later on today, so stay tuned! Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day!

Carol

15 comments:

jimlynn said...

That color is just so rich looking and classy! Love your card and that stamp is one of my very favorites! Guess it's about time to pull it out again because Christmas is sneaking up fast. Love your card.
Lynn

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This snowflakes look amazing against the vellum, Carol. Great card. I however, got a little carried away. LOL!

Hold tight, it will cool off soon, my friend. Phew!

Brenda said...

What a fun and festive card Carol! I am loving that DP paper and your tree looks so pretty. Love the sentiment shape as well. Hugs, Brenda

aussie aNNie said...

Carol this is one STUNNING Christmas card...love the colours too.xxThe Journey is the Start

Karen Hightower said...

Carol, this is a beautiful card. I love the Christmas tree on the velum and the acetate snow flakes. Well done. Thanks so much for joining in this weeks challenge. :)

Jean said...

Carol this is a beautiful card. I love the swirly tree stamp and the super white embossing.
Jean x

Benzi said...

Ooh, your white embossed tree looks fab on that pink vellum and I love your vellum snowflakes, too. Gorgeous card, Carol.

Benzi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna Hanley said...

Carol, I really am starting to like the non-traditional color for Christmas cards. This one is gorgeous. Enjoy your day. Can't wait to see what your next card will be. I'm staying tuned!!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Gorgous card!! I love the soft colours, the tree is amazing and the acetate snowflakes are so much pretty!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! I love your card and was so inspired when I saw your acetate snowflakes. That is so cool!

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous Christmas Card Carol loving the snow flakes great design hugs Judith x

JD/ Jill said...

So pretty! I really like that tree embossed on vellum! So rich looking...Stunning card!

MaryH said...

A stunner for sure. Love the non-traditional colors, and that is one awesome vellum stamping & embossing. The red 'ornaments' you decorated this embossed tree with, really pop out the image too. Lovely papers. Well done. TFS

Shannon White said...

Wow!! Another Christmas Beauty! Love it! Just Fabulous and Festive! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon