Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hello Spring!


I wanted to share a couple cards I made for spring using a cute digi stamp set from Deedee Anderson called "Hello Spring." We're all yearning for warmer days now as old man winter keeps pounding us with snow and cold weather. Making these cards helped me to think of what spring will be like, when the bunnies start showing up in the yard again and the flowers push up through the ground. I chose some soft pink & blue colors to go along with this pre-colored digi image. I used a MS doily border punch beneath the ribbon, and a small SU! punch for the flower on the sentiment. The acrylic butterfly magically appeared in one of my Christmas cards last year :)


I made another card with this fun image, adding scraps of SU! dsp and a color-coordinating card stock that was embossed with a CB folder. I had the crochet trim for ages and it seemed to work perfectly with these colors.

Just a reminder that Deedee's February digi challenge is still going on, and you have lots of time left to play! Just make a card with the digi, and you're all set to receive next month's digi for free! Details are all here in this post, including a reduced price for the stamp set (for a limited time) if you missed playing along in January!

I'm entering these cards into the Snippets Playground #112 since they all made use of scraps of dsp and card stock!

Have yourself a great weekend and stay warm! Better days are coming :)

Carol

16 comments:

Benzi said...

I was on my blog and up pops Carol! :-) You've made two adorable cards. I love that cute bunny running through the flowers. Spring looking cards for sure and just adorable.

We had a pretty day but I'm looking forward to 70 degrees this next week.

jimlynn said...

Two darling cards! Yes, spring will be here before you know it - just hang in there in the meantime though!
Lynn

Darnell said...

Another set of sensational snippets cards for spring, Carol! I can't say for sure, but a lot of your readers might not be able to comment because they're too busy bashing their heads on their keyboards and muttering, "Spring, Spring, Spr ...!" Hugs, Darnell

Mary said...

I like how you used DP on the top and an embossing folder on the bottom, what a nice touch. Your coloring of the Digi image is very nice!Thanks for sharing your creation. It's a very nice one. Our winter has been so very mild. We are finally getting rain. No snow here for the past 2 months. Send some winter our way!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Well done Carol great card! Shaz in Oz.x

Donna Hanley said...

Well I got up, looked outside and did not see any of the sweet things that are in your darling cards, no bunnies, grass or flowers. So I was very happy to see them on my computer screen when I came to visit your blog. Thanks for making my morning. I love them both and your flowers, butterfly, embossing, ribbon and lace all help to make this precious image make a big statement. We got about 8 inches but a lot of blowing and drifting. Enjoy your Sunday.

kReN said...

Love these cards! I am ready for Spring!

KT Fit Kitty said...

These are adorable! I didn't remember this bunny - I had to go back to Deedee's store and look for it LOL. Love both cards and that sweet bunny! Hugs from your Deedee's teammie :-)

JD/ Jill said...

Thank you for posting these two adorable spring cards...It's a great reminder to me that spring WILL be coming. I am so looking forward to it this year. That's a lovely image that you picked for your cards.

MaryH said...

Great image from DeeDee-s. Loving that pretty pink doily border too. The tiny butterfly was perfect with Mr. Bunny too. Hooray for Spring. Bring it on! TFS & Hgus

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Both are such lovely spring cards. I like how one card has real lace and the other has punched paper lace.

XxJULESxX said...

Both gorgeous cards Carol!

Mrs A. said...

These are both cute and even though they are the same stamp how different they look using different embellishments. hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Two lovely cards Carol - as Mrs A says, amazing how the same image can look so different. Longing for Spring here!

Sorry I'm a bit behind with commenting!

Hugs, Di xx

scrappymo! said...

Two cute bunny cards. They looks so different with the change up of papers and embellies.
Great cards.

Kathleen said...

Two really sweet cards, great image and lets hope we get a really great Spring.

Kath x