Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Little Sunshine

Here's a little change of pace from the Christmas cards I've been posting lately! I thought on this cloudy day a little bit of sunshine would help brighten the day for all of us :) This is my interpretation of the Retro Sketch Challenge #95. As I often do, I flipped the sketch on it's side and added some color-coordinated embossed panels to make this one brighter. The right panel was done with a Market Street stamp. I tapped the outside edges of the rays with a Memento dandelion ink pad, and tapped the inside of the rays with a Memento Tangelo ink pad, then stamped it on white card stock. The embossed panels were done with SU! ef's and matted with black. The sentiment panel was done with SB dies, outlining the inside edge of the white panel with a black marker. The ribbon tabs and gemstones are from Pizzazz Aplenty.

That's going to do it for me today so thanks for stopping by! Until next time, take good care and make it a great day!!

Carol

6 comments:

jimlynn said...

Love the way you sponged on the colors for the rays! Such a pretty, pretty card - and yes, we all need a ray of sunshine today!
Lynn

nwilliams6 said...

I love this! Great colors, super upbeat message, and great design. I am ready for some non-Christmas cards now and this is a great one. Merry Christmas my friend. Hugz!

JD/ Jill said...

Like your sponging and layout of this Sunshiny card!

Donna Hanley said...

Such a pretty card and a nice change of pace for the season. Love the two tone effect you did on the right hand side of the card. The embossing adds a bit of sweetness to it and those two dies work very well together. Great job. It is raining now and will rain all day tomorrow so it was very uplifting to see this spring like card. Enjoy the evening.

MaryH said...

This was a bright ray of sunshine for today. Just saw where our SC area was warm today too, but expecting a cold front & gusty rain beginning tonight. Nice to be out of it, in 83 sunshine. Love all the different colors & textures you've added to this card. The ray colors were fantastic & cheery. The SU EF's totally set this design off in a beautiful way. Stay warm when the cold comes back, TFS & Hugs

Benzi said...

Oh, I LOVE this beautiful card full of sunshine and wonderful colors. Great technique.

We've had rain and storms and I need to see some sunshine. I think starting tomorrow I will for several days. But, thanks for bringing me some earlier.