Friday, October 11, 2013

Hugs to You!


I made this card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge which is to use a rubber or clear stamp. I'm also entering this one into Pixie's Snippet Playground #93 since I added snippets of cardstock and ribbon to put this one together.

The image is by Inky Antics, and I colored it with Copics, adding a punched frame done with a retired SU! punch. The background was embossed with a honeycomb ef, and I fussy cut the sentiments and coordinating hexagons and adhered them randomly into the background. The finished touch was a little piece of ribbon to one corner.

This card is packed and ready to send to Cards for Hospitalized Kids.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get lots of good hugs today too :)

Carol

13 comments:

Cherie said...

What an adorable image and great coloring job. My favorite part is the random hexagons you filled in with paper.

Benzi said...

Carol, I love this adorable card. The image is soooooo cute and I really like how you just mixed in a few gray hexagons. Great color mix you've used.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card:) I love the image,and you have coloured him perfectly.
The hexagon background looks fabulous and I like the way you have made the sentiment fit into the shapes-looks great!
Hugs,Nessa xx

jimlynn said...

Precious card for a young child with this cute, cute image! I love the color combo - and your fancy cutting on the hexes too.
Hope you have a good weekend.
Lynn

Donna Hanley said...

Outstanding card for a hospital bound child. Such a cute image and I love the pink and grey theme.

scrappymo! said...

Great card! Those random hexagons scattered here and there are just fab!

Di said...

Wow Carol! LOVE this card, such a great image, fabby colours and colouring and the frame is a super idea too.

Hugs, Di xx

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

You are amazing to get a box off so quickly! You just rock! You know I love those Inky Antics, too.

Crafty Lark said...

Just saw this card on the playground and had to pop by and say it is absolutely delightful, love it. xx Flora

nwilliams6 said...

So darling and precious!!! Sweet little doggies - a really cute card sure to bring a smile to a child's face! Hugz!

Anonymous said...

This is totally adorable, Carol! I especially like how you punched little pieces of cardstock and the greetings to fit in the honeycomb. The soft colors are very sweet, too. Another smile-maker for those precious kids!

cheiron said...

What a sweet fella and love the embossed bg. Thanks for playing along with the use a RUBBER OR CLEAR STAMP challenge with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.

MaryH said...

Aw, this little poochie is just plumb cute with his kitty budy hugged close. Loved the way you used this hexagon EF, adding the spots of color, and brilliant to add the tiny sentiment in some of the spaces. What a pretty color combo too. TFS & Hugs