Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Cocoa's Birthday Wishes


It's too humid and hot to do much of anything outside, so today I stayed holed up in the central air and made a few cards. This one is for the Sweet Stop SSS227 sketch challenge and this week it's an easy one I can relate to :) I colored this Sweet 'n Sassy Cocoa mouse digi image with Copics and mounted him on some SB circle dies in red & kraft card stock. I pierced holes in the scallops and dotted them with a dark blue marker and used a scrap of wild asparagus dsp for the banner, matting it with white. For the final touch, I added a little bow with some computer-printed jewel tags.
I hope you're enjoying some warm summer-like weather too before old man winter rears his ugly face again!

Thanks for checking in and make it a great day!

Carol

11 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card, Carol, Great coloring...I like the added banner.

Yes, It is hot isn't...I did do some work outside...constantly sprinkling myself with the garden hose, and inside lots of ice water with the fan full blast. It's feels like a hot day in summer not Autumn.

Benzi said...

Too cute! I love the big banner on which you perched your Cocoa image. And, the gingham ribbon with the little tags is so sweet.

Stay cool!

jimlynn said...

Lovin' little Cocoa all over again! He's precious poking his head out and love the design you used for him. The tiny red gingham bow is perfect!
I'm sitting here wishing old man winter really would rear his ugly head! It'll cool off soon for you!
Lynn

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

I absolutely love what you did on your card! The cute image, the colors! Well done!

Stephanie said...

Oh this is just so sweet. I love Cocoa.
Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

So happy to see Cocoa mouse! I always love to see how beautifully you color him.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a super cute card Carol. Love darling Cocoa and the fab coloring. The tiny tags look awesome! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

K. Joy said...

This is adorable!! I love your coloring! Thanks for sharing! :)

Sue from Oregon said...

Love my meece. Love my apples...what could be better!?

scrappymo! said...

Cocoa is a sweetie...that is for sure.
He looks wonderful on that banner and loving the colour combo on this one.

Sharon said...

Love your copic coloring. Something to aspire to.