Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A Special Birthday Card

I was playing with some of my long-neglected paper pads recently, and made this card for my neighbor who has a birthday coming up next month. All the papers are from the DCWV Linen Closet. I love how there are so many coordinating colors and patterns to choose from, and the soft subtle colors are just dreamy! I had a strip of the floral dsp left over, so I adhered it to the flap of the envelope.

My prayers and thoughts are going out to everyone affected by the catastrophic tornado that struck Oklahoma. It's so difficult to imagine how lives are torn apart in a matter of seconds, but these twisters have become a way of life that we're unfortunately having to see more often. For those in the line of more dangerous storms today, please stay safe and take cover!

Carol

stamps - Hero Arts flowers, SU! teeny tiny wishes
papers - DCWV, very vanilla
inks - always artichoke, versamark
accessories - vanilla taffeta ribbon, turquoise & ivory pearls from Pizzazz Aplenty, SU word window and fancy label punches, Hero Arts/Sizzix chevrons & flourishes ef, SNSS heart scallop border die, Cheery Lynn mini fanciful flourish die, Copics BG10, YG93, white embossing powder, dimensionals

13 comments:

Benzi said...

Carol, those flowers are so pretty and I love, love the blue along with the coordinating patterns. You've made a beautiful card for your neighbor.
The tornadoes are such a tragedy. My prayers are with them.

JD/ Jill said...

You have made a beautiful card...really like the colors, your neighbor is going to love it.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is one breathtaking floral creation! Love the way each piece is just slightly off the panel. Outstanding!

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, and more gorgeous!!!! How lovely and I do love that paper too. Beautiful card and know your neighbor will love it too!
Lynn

LeAnne said...

Oh my...this is fabulous! What a gorgeous creation....I think I "liked" that DP before..and I still do!

Rufus said...

Very pretty! I like the different papers that you've picked from the pad. Good layout for them, too. Your neighbor is going to be one happy lady!
My heart goes out to all those effected by the devastating tornadoes.
R/

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, I love your card, the flowers are so beautiful.

Hugs
Anke

Donna Nuce said...

Gorgeous card Carol! I love the soft colors and the beautiful flowers. Have a great day.

Sarn said...

What a beautiful card. Lovely colours too.

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Paula S. said...

This is just stunning Carol! What a gorgeous color/paper combo and such exquisite details. A visit to your blog never disappoints! :)

nwilliams6 said...

These papers are dreamy! Love the pretty patterns and soft colors. You put them all together perfectly and added just the right amount of details, flowers, and pearls. Gorgeous card! Hugz!

Judy said...

I'm just getting around to checking out some of the blogs I follow, and I love this card. I need to do a birthday and get well card and this looks like something that will work for both. Planning to case your great creativity!
Hugs,
Judy

Shannon White said...

Goodness this is soo Beautiful Miss Carol!! Love the soft pretty colors of your dp's and all the lovely flourishes and flowers!! Bet your Neighbor LOVED this Beauty for sure! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon