Thursday, February 14, 2013

Simon Says White on White

The challenge over at Simon Says Stamp this week is "white on white." Oddly enough, I had recently just finished making this card for a friend and neighbor who's really going through a rough time. I think the white on white has such a soothing and calming effect, so I use white on white often when making this type of card. I used the exclusive SSS Bella Bloom die, along with a SB die that I believe is called poinsettia. The embossing folder is from SU! and I added some white pearls from Pizzazz Aplenty to the embossed flower centers, as well as the main bloom center. The sentiment is from SU! and was done with CTMH grey ink.

This is my 2nd post of the day and I think I'm done now. Thanks for checking in - I always enjoy your company :)

Carol

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Such a lovely card, Carol! Love all the white! Your friend/neighbor will appreciate this beauty! :)

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful, calming, card, Carol, tfs...
Happy Valentine's day to you.

Heather said...

A gorgeous card, I love the design of your embossing and the stunning leaves and Bella Bloom fower.

Thanks so much for joining at Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

After a night of computer mayhem, I am back and running. I just love white on white cards, and this one is exceptionally lovely! She will think it is amazing.

Benzi said...

I adore white on white and hope to find some time to do this challenge at Simon Says Stamp.

Your card is beautiful and is sure to lift your friend's spirits.

jimlynn said...

WOW!!! Stunning white on white!!! Gorgeous card.
Lynn

Janice M said...

Great job with the White on White challenge!! Very elegant.

Darnell said...

I agree, Carol, WOW is such a wonderful technique for a deep card. Except loopy me, I always want to lick my monitor because it looks like the top of a wedding cake. Not that anyone goes around licking the tops off wedding cakes, but that's what I want to do with your lushilicious card!!

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Carol, so elegant. The embossing looks so pretty and I love the Bella Bloom die.

Mandy said...

Oops Carol, I'm not quite with it & I don't think I thanked you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp with your beautiful card
hugs Mandy xx

Shannon White said...

Wow!! So Pretty and Elegant and definitely heartfelt!! I know your friend appreciated this beauty for sure.. 8-)

Big Hugs
Shannon