Sunday, October 28, 2012

OWH Sketch 144

Here's my card for OWH Stars and Stamps challenge #144.


I'm using a sentiment by Impression Obsession, dsp from Kaiser, and red and black card stock. I used a SU! fancy fan ef, and a jewel tag punch with a silver heart brad on the corner.

I had to make this one quick and easy, as we're preparing for a direct hit from hurricane Sandy here on the east coast. We live about a 2 hour drive from the shore resorts along the New Jersey coast, and since this storm is nearly 800 miles wide, we know we're in for some wicked weather for the next several days. There's still lots to do, but I couldn't let a Sunday go by without getting my sketch card done! If I don't get around to answering emails, commenting or posting in the next few days or so, you'll know it's most likely because we've lost power with the high winds and driving rain that's on the way. They're saying we may be faced with tornadoes and snow too! It's gonna be a wild start to a new week, that's for sure!!

Wishing all of you who live on the east coast safety in this coming storm! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week ahead!

Carol

19 comments:

~ Kathy said...

I took a break from storm prep for some craftiness today too... I think it helps us keep our sanity. {grin} Nice take on the sketch - love the patterns and texture. Stay safe and hunker down!

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Love black & white with red. Great background embossing folder, too. TFS!

Benzi said...

What a perfect OWH card, Carol.

I'm hoping for the best for all of you on the east coast. I'm praying that everyone is safe and sound. Sure hope you don't lose power, either.

Stay safe, my friend.

Kim S said...

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Beautiful card Carol. Love that sentiment and the little brad. Please stay safe!

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Very cute card. We'll be thinking about you as Sandy come ashore.

StampTramps said...

Great and appropriate card for today! I'm hunkering down too, stay safe!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This is so cool, Carol! I just love the tiny tag with the heart! Hubby is pacing which is driving me crazy. Prep is done, but gosh, I am sick of the reports changing. Stay safe, my friend!

Kelly said...

Great card...love the embossing! My heart goes out to you and everyone in the storms path. Stay safe!

Linda said...

Great card...love it all! Stay safe!

Jen M said...

This is great! Love the black and white with red and the embossing is fab! Stay safe.

jimlynn said...

Perfect card for OWH!! Love that embossing in red and the great sentiment.

I'll be thinking of you!

Lynn

nwilliams6 said...

Carol this is wonderful! I think this is one of the best sentiments I have ever seen. Love the little tag too. Wonderful job!

BobbisTreasure said...

The colors, patterns, and textures are all wonderful. I agree - a wonderful sentiment!!!

JoAnn Ross said...

Oh, wow. That is amazing dedication! I love the color, the embossing, and the sentiment is so special! My agent lives across the river in NJ, her assistant, my editor, and many other publishing friends are in NYC, and I have friends all up the coast. Thoughts and prayers with you all! Hunker down and stay safe!

JD/ Jill said...

Carol, very nice, and you are an enabler...now I want to buy that ef on this card...smile...

Lee Mae said...

Love the sentiment and that it's big! Great card with the fab embossing and that little heart. Keeping you in my thoughts; hope all goes well for you, stay safe!

Shannon White said...

Fabulous Card Miss Carol! Love Pretty embossed BG and the Sentiment! I couldn't agree more! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Julie said...

Really cute, Carol! I love the little tag and all the texture! Thanks for joining us in the Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge!