Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tuesday Throwdown - Neutral Colors

I'm playing along with the Tuesday Throwdown #81 for the first time, and the challenge is to create a card using neutral colors. This one pretty much meets that challenge. It's done in SU! crumb cake card stock and I used a piece of vellum for the accent. I started with the SU! Fabulous Flowers stamp set and stamped the image on the card stock and again on vellum with Versamark. I embossed the vellum with white ep and hand cut it and placed it over the stamped image on cardstock. I added some ribbon, blush pearls, a sentiment and a bow done with the Bow-easy. The smaller panel is popped up on foam tape.
It's been raining here in PA today, so it was a good day to stay inside and stamp! Thanks for stopping by!

Carol

14 comments:

Benzi said...

Carol, this is just sooooo gorgeous! I love what you did with the vellum and embossing. That is such a yummy flower. Your pretty bow makes me wonder where I have put my Bow-Easy. Been forever since I've seen it. Such good organization, huh? :-)
It has poured rain here today, also. And, I mean poured.
Glad to see you join us at Tuesday Throwdown this week.

NanaConnie said...

Beautifully simple and so elegant, Carol! Gorgeous bow! I'm so glad you joined us for our 'neutrals' challenge at Tuesday Throwdown as your first time playing. I hope it won't be your last; we'd love to see your work regularly. :-D
NanaConnie TT DT

jimlynn said...

WOW! Carol, this is beautiful! Love the way you did the flower and that bow and ribbon is fantastic! Gorgeous!
Lynn

Diane Jaquay said...

WOW, I really love this one, Carol! The embossed flower and ribbon are divine!

Jennipher said...

Carol your card is lovely! You bring a new meaning to neutrals with this. Love that wide ribbon and big flower. Nicely done.

Jenn from Paper Expressions

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhhh, LOVIN' the natural colors and that big, gorgeous bow!!

Janice M said...

Carol this is Gorgeous!! Lovin the gingham ribbon/bow!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

First I was surprised that beautiful flower was on vellum, and then I was wowed by the gorgeous bow! Amazing!

Wendy said...

OH WOW, this is gorgeous, Carol! Love the white embossed flower and the use of the Crumb Cake cs! The pretty bow just makes it perfect! Awesome job!

Joanne (jojot) said...

a beauty....and one of my fav bloom stamps looking fresh here

Unknown said...

Welcome to the Tuesday Throwdown. This card is gorgeous! Very understated and elegant. Love the bow and pearls.

Shannon White said...

Wow! Is this Ever GORGEOUS!!! 8-) Don't know how I missed this one Miss Carol! 8-) I LOVE this! So Elegant and Warm all at the same time! Love the Big Gingham Bow and the wonderful embossed vellum flower! Just Gorgeous Lady!

Hugs
Shannon

NanaConnie said...

Carol, Congratulations on taking Top 3 Honors at Tuesday Throwdown with this magnificent card! I knew it was a winner when I first saw it.

Benzi said...

First time with us at Tuesday Throwdown and a winner. U go, girl!
It's a beauty!!!