Friday, January 15, 2010

Springtime Love!

Here's my card for the SSNOTIME122 challenge to make a floral themed card with some fresh, spring-time colors. A mid-winter pick-me-up of sorts. This might be one of the quickest cards I've ever made. I started with a piece of dp by Karen Neuburger and attached it to a PTI white card stock base. I added a piece of Sharon's gorgeous silk ribbon and tied it in a knot, simply because I didn't have enough to make a big bow. I flipped the dp over to the solid color side and punched the sentiment with the word window and modern label punches, and stamped the Gstudio sentiment with eggplant ink. Rounding the corners was the finishing touch.
This card started off as a sample for someone inquiring about "save the date" cards. I decided to layer it with red and turn it into a "feel the love" card for Flourishes FLLCJAN10 challenge in celebration of their latest stamp release. I stamped the hearts on white with Versamark and embossed with pearl white ep. You might be able to see that detail a little better if you click the photo. It's much prettier IRL. I cut the hearts out with a shape cutter (my heart punch is almost here) and layered with black cs. I added a tiny black bow and some tiny pearls and stamped the sentiment with a "so many sayings" stamp. I put a mat of real red behind it and that's it! 2 quick, simple cards!
Thanks so much for stopping by today to spend a little time with me. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and take good care!

Carol

8 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

Love love love your love card! That is so dang cute and fits right in with the Flourishes challenge. Terrific Carol. Hope your weekend is splendiferous. Pat

Joanne (jojot) said...

the first is pretty and CAS....

the second one is so dramatic and clever.....how cute

Julie Koerber said...

Carol... this is absolutely fabulous! I am SOOOO casing this! BTW, you have to check out the Flourishes newsletter tomorrow! ;-) You've got luck on your side!

Sue from Oregon said...

holy toledo...the bride and groom card is going to be a classic for sure! Amazing!

Silke Ledlow said...

Carol - both cards are so pretty!!! Great CAS styles!!! Hugs ~S~

Anonymous said...

Well, would you just look at these! OMGosh Carol, these are AMAZING!! I love the first one because of the colors and that gorgeous ribbon but the second is just so special! LOVE IT!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh WOW! I love what you've done with these hearts! How creative and classy!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

I just ADORE your floral card with the silk ribbon -- it is absolutely fresh, simple and TOTALLY LOVELY!!! So glad you played the Stamp Simply Challenge with us!!!