Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Get Well Wish for my BIL

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple days without making any cards. I'm fighting off some sort of a "cold" that left me with a constant, dry cough that I can't seem to get rid of. Hopefully soon I'll get that nipped in the bud and feel like my old self again.
I made this card today for my DH's brother who had a stroke over the weekend. He was supposed to have surgery on both carotid arteries today, so we're waiting for word to see how the surgery went. Hopefully he's going to be ok, but he's having a rough time for now.
This card is for the Flourishes FFTC50 where Betty Wright challenges us to create a scene with stamps. I also followed Mercy's MTSC57 sketch challenge in coming up with this design. I used the Flourishes Forest of Trees stamp set, using the image without leaves to represent winter. I hope my BIL is able to read and enjoy this card when he receives it, and hopefully he'll be on the road to a full recovery.
Thanks for stopping by today...........I hope your Tuesday is a great one!

Carol

stamps - wellness wishes, forest of trees
paper - true thyme, cool caribbean, kraft, BG Mellow dp
ink - versafine sepia, chocolate chip, navy, not quite navy, bayou blue, baja breeze, white, bamboo
accessories - Tombow markers, white gel pen, MS fence and deer punches

15 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh this is GORGEOUS!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Carol, this is so pretty! I love everything about it and i'm sure your BIL will LOVE it too! Sorry to hear he had a rough weekend and we'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!
I also hope that you feel better soon! I had that dry cough for months and it just recently left me. Now I got the sinus headache and a head full. Feels like my head is in a vice grip. I'm sure in a few days we'll both be better and back to our regular stamping days. Hang in there sweetie!

Anonymous said...

wow this is simply GORGEOUS!! so serene, I hope all will get better soon.

Unknown said...

carol...this is so pretty! i love the white highlights, and that scene is gorgeous! great choice of dp, and wonderful clean and crisp lines!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an awesome job! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Joanne (jojot) said...

serene and lovely...he will love his card...hope all went well for him

Sue from Oregon said...

my best to your BIL. I am sure he will appreciate your thoughtfulness as well as this wonderful scene card!

LeAnne said...

This is lovely--he'll appreciate it. You feel better too!

Janine said...

Great guy card!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh WOWWWWW, love the look of that main panel. Wit whewwww!!

....I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well. DH has had something for almost a week now. No fun. I hope you feel better! {hugs}

C said...

Just beautiful!

Deanna said...

Hi Carol
Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well and hope the news gets better for your BIL. This card is a really nice guy card......
Deanna

Betty Wright said...

Carol, this is wonderful! Beautiful design and detailing! Lovely scene card! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF - hope you are feeling better soon. Coughs seem to stick around forever...sending you a big recovery hug :)!!!

So happy to see you came out to play the FTTC with us...and your card is BEAUTIFUL!!! The scenery is so cool!!! I know your BIL is gonna love it...I know I do!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Carol! WOW! You've really outdone yourself! I hope you're feeling better. I will be thinking of you (from sunny California)! :)

Dee Jackson said...

This is gorgeous!! I hope you are feeling better:)