Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lavendar Birthday Wishes

Happy Saturday everyone:)
I made this card for a friend who ordered a birthday card with the color lavender. No Problem!! I always have plenty of that color around, since it's my favorite color! For this card I used the 3 shades from the Majestic Purple Prismatics paper pack. I used the darkest shade for the card base, then embossed a white panel with the CB birthday ef and added a piece of lavender ribbon to the top. The flowers at the bottom were done in all 3 shades, using a Sizzlet floral die cut, EK rock fern punch, MS fern punch, 2 different flower punches and a purple Kaiser rhinestone that just doesn't shine in the photo like it does IRL. I tried to take several photos of this card and they all had a lovely green tint to them, so I put a piece of that gorgeous Wisteria dsp behind it and I finally got the white color to come through. It probably would have photographed better outdoors, but it's cloudy today and about to rain, so this was the best I could do under the circumstances.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and for those NASCAR fans out there like me, enjoy the all-star race tonight! GO TONY!!

Carol

4 comments:

  1. Carol this is a beautiful birthday card!!! Love this CB folder - perfect BG!!! And who can say no to Lavender - LOL!!!

    Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Darn, I have that folder and NEVER use it.....now you've inspired me. I'd better get crackin' and use my stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Please don't be concerned when word verification appears. You don't need to type in the numbers. Just type your comment, then hit "publish" and you'll bypass the word verification.
Thanks for taking time to leave comments, they're always appreciated :)